New York Yankees number font...........

simpsontide

I'm looking at getting a Yankees jersey with #2 on it but I want it to be the exact style # that they use. I've got a guy that I am getting the blank jersey from but getting a # on there is my responsibilty. Any help would be appreciated. Here's a pic of it.capt.0cc64b7c04544831b3d35cc9cc92f76b.diamondbacks_yankees_baseball_nyy109.jpg

2qluyo7.png

Well according to what eriajaffe's fonts the standard mlb block would be what the Dodgers use. The closest to what I could find in his fonts that I have would be NFL Varsity Block H.

The Bronx Bumblers have used the standard full-block font from Wilson for years. This is also the same font that the Tigers use on their home whites. Stahls makes all the MLB fonts (except Wahington). Go to stahls.com and look under "Ball Park Styles."

I really don't see how the number font is terribly relevant to you.

Even if you had it, what are you going to do, print out a template, lay it on some tackle-twill and cut around it?

There are plenty of reputable places that will put an authentic-style number on your jersey. erlovepuck mentioned Exclusive Pro Sports above. Check out samples of their work, and when you find one that seems to match your photo the best, hand it over and let them worry about what font it is.

I really don't see how the number font is terribly relevant to you.

Even if you had it, what are you going to do, print out a template, lay it on some tackle-twill and cut around it?

There are plenty of reputable places that will put an authentic-style number on your jersey. erlovepuck mentioned Exclusive Pro Sports above. Check out samples of their work, and when you find one that seems to match your photo the best, hand it over and let them worry about what font it is.

Most large uniform and lettering shops now have the ability to use TrueType fonts to create and cut tackle-twill numbers with a cutting machine that looks alot like a giant printer. So if he had the font, he could take it to a shop and have a lettered and sewn jersey in about 30 minutes.

• 2 months later...

Archived