New Texas A&M football uniforms

rcb05

The silver outline to the letters and numbers and the striping on the pants, which I've never seen on an A&M football uniform in the 20+ years I've been watching college football.

Um, maybe I'm missing something, but aside from the lack of shoulder numbers on the home jerseys.....what changed?

They were a Nike team before this, and the uniforms were simply maroon and white - no stripes on the pants, no trim on the numbers or the team name across the front of the jersey.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Well, first of all, the lack of shoulder numbers on the home illustration is just an error, they should be there. The changes are the addition of gray trim to the numbers/lettering and the addition of pants stripes. Also getting rid of the logo on the hip apparently. Here's the previous unis:

356712.jpg

Granted, these photoshops are based on last year's uniforms, so the changes may be more drastic.

Exactly. Adidas just added outlining and striping. I can't really say I don't like it, though. It's not good enough to be an upgrade, but not bad enough to be a downgrade.

Something similar to this was posted a few days ago (link), except the numbers had a silver drop shadow instead of just a simple outline. If these changes are real, then I think this is yet another needless uniform change in the Big 12 this year where the new set isn't exactly an improvement over the previous design.

Exactly. Adidas just added outlining and striping. I can't really say I don't like it, though. It's not good enough to be an upgrade, but not bad enough to be a downgrade.

Agreed. It's nothing too drastic, which I think is good because I like our current unis. I really like the stripe addition to the pants...I'm not completely sold on the outlining, but I'll have to see the real jerseys before I can say for sure.

By the way, nice job on the photoshopping rcb05.

AM.gif

Back in the 80s the Aggies had some grey in their unis. Was it just in the pants? Looked ok then, if I remember correctly. I'd love to post a picture if I could find one.

They did have some stripes on their pants. Here's a pic from 1985.

ags_2985.jpg

I like these new stripes. As an "honorary" Aggie (Born In Bryan, dad an Aggie, but I'm a UTA Maverick), I am very pleased with the stripes.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Something similar to this was posted a few days ago (link), except the numbers had a silver drop shadow instead of just a simple outline. If these changes are real, then I think this is yet another needless uniform change in the Big 12 this year where the new set isn't exactly an improvement over the previous design.

Amen fellow Big Twelver (?)....

As a natural rival I see no need for the change. The Aggies and God forbid OU look classic. Silver, and the rumors of helmet decal beveling make no sense whatsoever.

newsig.jpg

OK, the official school colors are maroon and white. Nowhere do I see mention of silver or grey, so why add that color? It makes no sense.

It's a trim color. I don't see it being that offensive. Certainly no worse than Texas occasionally using black as trim. And the silver seems to fit more than black would, so be grateful that adidas only added grey.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I won't dispute that is the design for Texas A&M, it very well could be, but that is NOT an official adidas graphic. That is a graphic from the uniform creator at adidasteamuniforms.com, a site used primarily by high school teams to design uniforms for purchase thru adidas licensee Betlin.

Now someone could have very well taken information someone leaked to them and used it to do those on the site. But for those that are taking it as gospel because it has the logo on it are mistaken.

Archived