NJ Devils

Le Québécois

Why are the Devils due for a uniform change? Because they have of the better unifroms in the NHL?

I don't buy the reasoning, and i certainly don't buy that design. That design embodies everything wrong with the RBK templates. Wavy, curvy lines with no purpose...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The Devils are not overdue for a uniform change. They have only changed once in their history as the Devils, when they made the switch from red/green to red/black. No on this one, LQ, this concept does nothing but downgrade the Devils. Keep the pants black and eliminate all of the curvy lines. Also, those two stripes at the bottom are unnecessary. I say try this design with a different team, perhaps it could work there. The Devils are fine as they are and this would be a definite downgrade. Sorry LQ, give this a shot with another team or go in an entirely different direction.

-E.A.R.

I like this. I agree the two stripes at the bottom are unnecessary, and I'm not crazy about the number font--I'd stick with the font they use now, or a standard block. But as far as the new templates go, this is a pretty good design.

I think this is one of the best NJ Devils concepts ever posted. But then again I'm a big Quebecois fan as well....

They ARE due for a uni change... one of the boringest uniforms in the NHL. And their logo has about as much imaginitive flare as the Yankees "NY"

Home and 3rd concept please...

As far as suggestions go I agree the black lines at the bottom are useless.

But I'll agree that they Devils have one of the best sets in the league. Very simple and iconic. I dislike teams that either have a very cartoony look or a frenetic look that serves to give headaches. The Devils, Blues, Red Wings, BlackHawks, Canadians, Boston all have great simple looks. Contrast that with the Preds, Sabres, and Sens (Cartoon/Swoosh jersey). Those jerseys have way too much going on, and in the case of the Senators jersey looks like it's geared towards five year olds. I'd take the Panthers Jerseys to those three.

As far as the Yankees go, talk about a classy iconic logo. The interlocked NY connects back to the birth of logos on unis and hats, with slight evolution. It displays pride in the city and the team. It's design is simple and elegant. It's almost the perfect logo.

And their logo has about as much imaginitive flare as the Yankees "NY"

yet the yankee NY is one of the most recognizable logos in the entire world, not just the sports world. and this coming from a met fan.

to the OP,

personally i like the basic devils jerseys, as a ranger fan i like old fashioned looking jerseys. this jersey has too much red and not enough black. a 3rd jersey concept would be great. why not try your hand at that?

I don't see this as being necessary. Their current uniforms are better than this. And anyway, this is just flat out ugly.

I don't see this as being necessary. Their current uniforms are better than this. And anyway, this is just flat out ugly. The design just doesn't seem to work for hockey. The stripes on the pants don't jibe with the jerseys at all either.

the pants definately need to be black...

and the jersey itself is pretty good. the devils ARE due for a change, Their uniforms are one of the "boringest" in the league, and unfortunately they are just as boring to watch..

3 teams in my area and whenever Jersey comes to town they are the easiest tickets to get..... I dont go to those ones either but still....

Odds are they wont change though...

I love it - simple and clean. As a Devils' fan I approve. 9.8/10 score!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Could someone post up some pictures of the old Red/Green jerseys in action? I don't know if I've ever seen them.

i have a card like this (not signed)

brodeur.jpg

Kometsdoitagain.jpg

2008 and 2009 BACK 2 BACK Turner Cup Champions FORT WAYNE KOMETS

IM BAAACK!

I don't see this as being necessary. Their current uniforms are better than this. And anyway, this is just flat out ugly.

I don't see this as being necessary. Their current uniforms are better than this. And anyway, this is just flat out ugly. The design just doesn't seem to work for hockey. The stripes on the pants don't jibe with the jerseys at all either.

From the Department of Redundancy Department...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

From the Department of Redundancy Department...

I was drunk when I posted that.

Meh. It doesn't do anything for me, to be honest, and I don't think it's better than what they have. And this is coming from a Devils hater (though it's been tempered from marrying a Devils die-hard).

I get what you tried to do with the new sweater cut, but this takes away more than it adds. By getting rid of the colored yoke (which they've had since the club moved east), it makes the white space look too vast, and really isolates the crest. On the current uniform, the crest is nicely bracketed by color above and below it.

The new striping is arbitrary at best. All wavy, curvy lines... then two black lines, as straight as can be, across the waist.

I usually dig most of your stuff, mon ami, but I can't get into this one. And for as much as I dislike the Devils, I think their uniform design works. People have this urge to change for change's sake, which I don't get. Every uniform cited by these kinds of people tends to be one of the consistent, understated, timeless looks that's worked for years - Cubs, Yankees, Red Wings, Bears, Celtics. These teams get the fact that changing every two years to be xxxxxxtreme with the kewl colorzzzz makes you look xxxxxxtremely dated when the fad dies down. When a team happens upon a good look that can withstand the test of time, why change it?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived