NHL 96 Devils

AndrewPF

I need some help. I have been playing NHL 96 on a Super Nintendo emulator lately, and I have a question about the jerseys worn by the NJ Devils. I'm a bit colorblind and i can't see if they have green or black on their shirts.

nhl96.jpg

can someone help me out? thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Why don't you screen print it, paste it into paint, and use the eye-dropper to look at the RGB? I think you'll find that it is clearly black.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's black. Pants look kinda grey, though. That might be what's throwing you.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Thanks guys...like i said before, i am a bit colorblind and could not distinguish the black from a green

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

You should be playing NHL 94 on a Sega Genesis emulator, because it's better. Or NHL 93 so you can knock guys out and make them bleed. NHL 96 was just a rehash of 95, right? But I think 95 introduced Spin-O-Rama, so maybe there's a valid reason to play it after all.

Oh, and you shouldn't use emulated ROMs because they're illegal. Or something like that.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

You should be playing NHL 94 on a Sega Genesis emulator, because it's better. Or NHL 93 so you can knock guys out and make them bleed. NHL 96 was just a rehash of 95, right? But I think 95 introduced Spin-O-Rama, so maybe there's a valid reason to play it after all.

Oh, and you shouldn't use emulated ROMs because they're illegal. Or something like that.

I play 96 because i grew up playing it with my friend and haven't played it in years...i'll consider removing it due to its illegalness. thanks for the advice, gitlin

koizim said:

COYS and Go Sox

NHL 94, 95, and 96 are all different beasts. Different play styles, different graphics, different features. If anything 96, 97, and 98 were all carbon copies of each other. The Spin-O-Rama was introduced in 96, I think. In 97, certain players had certain "special" moves by performing the same button push as a spin-o-rama.

And ROMs are only illegal if you don't already own the game in the first place. ^_^

philly.png

If you have a copy of the game somewhere in your possession, it's legal as breathing air.

If you don't, then it's illegal. (Not that that's stopped anybody, really...)

Did you all know that Street Fighter III is on its way to being (finally) fully emulated?

Again, it's super illegal and I would never, ever consider downloading the ROMs or MAME and playing it over and over again. I just wouldn't even consider it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Did you all know that Street Fighter III is on its way to being (finally) fully emulated?

Again, it's super illegal and I would never, ever consider downloading the ROMs or MAME and playing it over and over again. I just wouldn't even consider it.

Absolutely. I feel the exact same way about the ultra-rare version of Tetris made by Tengen for the NES. You know, the one with the superior graphics and sound that allows 2-player simultaneous play? I would never, ever think of downloading and playing that ROM.

Same goes for Super Mario Kart and Dragon's Fury/Devil Crash MD.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'll try and post a screencap later on, but didn't they screw up the Devils' uniforms in NHLPA '93 and had them in black jerseys with red pants?

Yes, they did. In 94, too. Looked pretty awesome, actually.

philly.png

On a semi-related note: does anyone have the Pantone color for the Green used by the Devils? I actually don't have that one.

I'd be willing to "trade" this information - not looking to get something for free or anything...

Archived