NHL 96 Devils

AndrewPF

On a semi-related note: does anyone have the Pantone color for the Green used by the Devils? I actually don't have that one.

I'd be willing to "trade" this information - not looking to get something for free or anything...

:jawdrop:

*glass falls out of hand, hits floor and shatters*

Say it ain't so, 'Tone. This is the day the music died.

And no - I have no clue. Wish I could help; knowing a Pantone color that no one else knew would be on my epitaph one day... :D

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Listening to the intro music and the NHL 94 theme song, someone should use those as their on-air theme. I know it took me back to my childhood and actually made me smile when I heard it just now.

NHL 94 for the Genesis is rife with uniform inconsistancies. The Devils have a black colored uni with red shoulders when it should be the other way around. And take a look at their banner; it's green and red, instead of black and red.

Did you ever notice how many uniforms look almost exactly the same? Just take a look at the away jerseys of Edmonton, New York (both of them) and St. Louis. Then look at Anaheim and Dallas.

And then look at the Bruins unis. Their banner has black and yellow (correct), but their unis have brown instead of black (incorrect). Their away uni has a brown jersey and their home uni has brown pants.

Also, the all-star jerseys look kinda red, white, and blue. Why? Because the black and the orange don't look as dark as they could be.

But despite these little nitpicky details, I still love that good ole NHL 94. Now, if only Ron Hextall were on the Flyers at the time...

The worst color error in video game history had to be in the original Tecmo Bowl for NES. The Seahawks were in pink. I kid you not.

That's what happens when the programmer's daughter gets her grubby mittens on daddy's source code.

:jawdrop:

*glass falls out of hand, hits floor and shatters*

Say it ain't so, 'Tone. This is the day the music died.

And no - I have no clue. Wish I could help; knowing a Pantone color that no one else knew would be on my epitaph one day... :D

:lol:

You know - I've got a TON of Pantone colors (to date, 23,618 confirmed - not estimated - professional team/league values), but I hardly have them all.

For example, I don't have the original Miami Dolphins' Aqua, but I'm pretty sure it was 321 C.

You know - I've got a TON of Pantone colors (to date, 23,618 confirmed - not estimated - professional team/league values), but I hardly have them all.

I don't even know you any more. Nobody asked the Wizard to pull back the curtain in the Emerald City, so leave us to our myths. We prefer it that way. :D

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Weren't the all-star jerseys red, white, and blue for one year around that time? For the 75th anniversary?

Sorry I'm late, but yes, the all-star jerseys were red, white, and blue for the 1992 All-Star Game at The Spectrum in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (home of the Flyers :D ). The reason was because the previous uniforms were the colors of the NHL shield, orange, black, and white, which also happened to be the colors of the Flyers. Since their colors were the same, the league changed the uniforms for that one year, and then changed back to the old All-Star uniforms for the 1993 All-Star Game in Montreal, until the 1994 season at Madison Square Garden when they changed them to the teal and purple uniforms, probably because the seats at MSG are the same color.

Weren't the all-star jerseys red, white, and blue for one year around that time? For the 75th anniversary?

Sorry I'm late, but yes, the all-star jerseys were red, white, and blue for the 1992 All-Star Game at The Spectrum in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (home of the Flyers :D ). The reason was because the previous uniforms were the colors of the NHL shield, orange, black, and white, which also happened to be the colors of the Flyers. Since their colors were the same, the league changed the uniforms for that one year, and then changed back to the old All-Star uniforms for the 1993 All-Star Game in Montreal, until the 1994 season at Madison Square Garden when they changed them to the teal and purple uniforms, probably because the seats at MSG are the same color.

Uniforms were black and orange in 91 & 93 because of the NHL logo

Uniforms were red and blue in 92 because of the NHL's 75th Anniversary

Uniforms were teal and purple in 94-97 because those were the colours of the conferences

And then things got weird...

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Uniforms were black and orange in 91 & 93 because of the NHL logo

Uniforms were red and blue in 92 because of the NHL's 75th Anniversary

Uniforms were teal and purple in 94-97 because those were the colours of the conferences

And then things got weird...

I assume it's only a coincidence that the 91 uniforms were the same colors as the Flyers and those colors changed the year the Flyers hosted the game, and that the conference colors were changed to the same colors as the seats at Madison Square Garden, which hosted the game the year the jerseys were changed? Those are some pretty convenient coincidences if you ask me!

They were supposed to be throwbacks to early NHL ASG uniforms to commemorate the 75th anniversary. It had NOTHING (nothing) to do with the host city.

Nothing.

at all.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived