2007 NBA Draft Thread

nyk

I could go on for hours on this. This team is :censored:in crazy to do this!!!

Allen, your best player and the center of the franchise, for a #5 pick and Wally Szcerbiak?!??!?!?? Are you kidding?!?!?!?! thats soooo stupid.

This team WILL get worse. Then possibly improve after a year or two after moving to the OKC. Exactly what owners want. This pisses me off so much.

This winter...its all about the Canucks. I dont care if I have to drive over 100 miles, cross the border and stay the night in Vancouver.

Screw the sonics.

Uhh, pal, hate to tell ya, but the Sonics got the better of that deal. Wally has an expiring contract and wasn't a pivotal part of the deal. Delonte West is a very, very good guard who has 3-point range and quality defense. I'm very sad to see him leave Boston. Jeff Green is a solid young power forward who will complement Kevin Durant extremely well, and give the Sonics a young frontcourt for years to come.

The Celtics, on the other hand, got an aging 3-point shooter who just had two ankle surgeries in April. I advise you, sir, to stop complaining.

I don't think anyone can possibly be excited about the acquisition of Ray Allen. The guy's an aging shooter, and even in his prime, he never elevated his game to greatness.

That Celts squad looks worse now than it did yesterday. Nice work, Ainge.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allen, your best player and the center of the franchise, for a #5 pick and Wally Szcerbiak?!??!?!?? Are you kidding?!?!?!?! thats soooo stupid.

This team WILL get worse. Then possibly improve after a year or two after moving to the OKC. Exactly what owners want. This pisses me off so much.

This winter...its all about the Canucks. I dont care if I have to drive over 100 miles, cross the border and stay the night in Vancouver.

Screw the sonics.

Uhh, pal, hate to tell ya, but the Sonics got the better of that deal. Wally has an expiring contract and wasn't a pivotal part of the deal. Delonte West is a very, very good guard who has 3-point range and quality defense. I'm very sad to see him leave Boston. Jeff Green is a solid young power forward who will complement Kevin Durant extremely well, and give the Sonics a young frontcourt for years to come.

The Celtics, on the other hand, got an aging 3-point shooter who just had two ankle surgeries in April. I advise you, sir, to stop complaining.

I don't think anyone can possibly be excited about the acquisition of Ray Allen. The guy's an aging shooter, and even in his prime, he never elevated his game to greatness.

I'm fine with it. Ray's a great guy, but you can't build a team around a great guy.....who just happens to have plastic ankles. I'll watch Durant for a year, then become a Blazers fan when the Sups leave town.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Since Atlanta took Horford, does this pretty much mean the Minnesota/Phoenix/Atlanta trade rumor is squashed with Staudimire going to Atlanta?

Likely, since someone from Atlanta's side obviously doesn't want two All-Stars on the team....

Screw the sonics.

I'm fine with it. Ray's a great guy, but you can't build a team around a great guy.....who just happens to have plastic ankles. I'll watch Durant for a year, then become a Blazers fan when the Sups leave town.

I have no doubt Supes fans are fine with this. The Sonics pulled off some grand larceny on the Celts.

Screw the sonics.

I have no doubt Supes fans are fine with this. The Sonics pulled off some grand larceny on the Celts.

Is it considered grand larceny when Danny Ainge is a complete moron? Not that I'm complaining.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I'm glad the Nets took Sean Williams. I know Krstic is coming back this season, which is awesome because he would have been a huge factor in that series vs. Cleveland. However, you can never have enough big men. With Krstic, Moore, Collins, Boone, Ilic (who will still possibly need to adapt to NBA ball), and now Williams, that will be a very underrated front court. I know the Nets still have Cliff Robinson, and as much as I like him, I think it's time they let him go since the Nets have now drafted Williams. I'm glad Williams is a Net. He's strong, a strong, shot blocking guy, who is also one of the most athletic players in this year's draft. Not only that, Williams has some offensive ability, I mean he did average 12.1 points in 15 games last year at BC. At pick #17, I thought he was too good to pass up, plus the Nets said they were highly considering him as I read the New York Post Thursday morning.

-E.A.R.

So the Hawks get the supposed best player not named Oden or Durant, as well as a solid point guard....not bad.

But it doesn't look as good as having Amare Stoudamire and having a better chance to lure a top free-agent proven PG by having two All-Stars on the roster....

Good to see another Aussie drafted. Brad Newley got picked up by Houston Rockets. Newley is a member of the Boomers and played NBL for Townsville and was going to move to Adelaide if he missed out on the NBA. I think, the way he plays, he could slot straight into an NBA team and he is quite an exciting player to watch. But, does anyone go for Houston Rockets?

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

If you're the Chicago Bulls and you want to draft Noah if he's available, and you see what he shows wearing at the draft, do you still take him?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think the Bulls had on of the worst drafts. All Joakim Noah can do is play with energy and hustle. He can't score at all. He'll get some rebounds, but I don't think he is worth the 9th pick. Then they took Aaron Gray. He is an okay player. There were a couple games at Pitt where he took over offensively. Most games he didn't play that well. I think Gray will be a better player than Noah will. Finally the Bulls took Jameson Curry. I don't see why they would draft someone that has been arrested several times especially with Skiles coaching. He doesn't seem like he would stand for that behavior.

I don't know what Danny Ainge was thinking with that trade. The Celtics might be better this year, but Allen is old and Jeff Green is a good player.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived