Anaheim Ducks concept

neo_prankster

For the sake of discussion, I'm going to assume a slightly cleaner presentation here.

For a team in a mountainous area, this is a great logo. For a coastal place like Anaheim, not so much. That big black upward-pointing triangle says "mountain" to me with such volume that it drowns out everything else the logo might be trying to say. However, if you could modify the black triangle somehow to be more clearly suggestive of the letter A, then you'd have a stronger concept.

The rear of the bird needs work. It's the weakest part of the whole idea. There are a lot of stores selling crappy "wildlife art" out there; the one thing these artists generally do well is wildlife anatomy. Might be worth a field trip to take a look at how wildlife artists handle duck butts and then copying them.

Finally, there's something missing from this logo. That something is called "hockey." In no way does this logo suggest to me that it's a hockey team. Wouldn't be such a bad thing if it at least suggested "sports team" in any way whatsoever, but it doesn't even do that. This is an outdoor equipment store logo. Needs some sporty element; preferably nothing as corny as a hockey stick forming the letter T, but something.

(I should say that I do generally like what you're doing with this logo, and I think your use of Ducks colors in a new logo without looking forced is excellent. I'd rate this a very good first draft.)

20082614447.png

If you change the triangle into an A shape so that it looks like the letter A (I know....kind of ripping off Colorado's logo here) it would work better. Because like BallWonk said...the triangle atm seems to represent mountains, which isnt appropriate for Anahiem. As for the duck...I really like it, except that it doesnt look intimidating enough. The shape of it is great though. Also, I would mess around with the colours again....probably ditch the green unless you want to use that colour more predominantley. It look kinda out of place atm though.

All in all though....its got a lot of potential, and would look better than what they have now if this logo is fixed up a little.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Here's a pretty sweet Ducks concept I found on logopond.

a_ducks.gif

(made by a "sumd", perhaps on this board too?)

I like the more agressive look, something your concept lacks, and the color of the mallard is closer to being accurate. In my opinion the triangle doesn't work and isn't necessary. Once that's gone all you have is a painted over version of the other proposed concept.

For the sake of discussion, I'm going to assume a slightly cleaner presentation here.

For a team in a mountainous area, this is a great logo. For a coastal place like Anaheim, not so much. That big black upward-pointing triangle says "mountain" to me with such volume that it drowns out everything else the logo might be trying to say. However, if you could modify the black triangle somehow to be more clearly suggestive of the letter A, then you'd have a stronger concept.

The rear of the bird needs work. It's the weakest part of the whole idea. There are a lot of stores selling crappy "wildlife art" out there; the one thing these artists generally do well is wildlife anatomy. Might be worth a field trip to take a look at how wildlife artists handle duck butts and then copying them.

Finally, there's something missing from this logo. That something is called "hockey." In no way does this logo suggest to me that it's a hockey team. Wouldn't be such a bad thing if it at least suggested "sports team" in any way whatsoever, but it doesn't even do that. This is an outdoor equipment store logo. Needs some sporty element; preferably nothing as corny as a hockey stick forming the letter T, but something.

(I should say that I do generally like what you're doing with this logo, and I think your use of Ducks colors in a new logo without looking forced is excellent. I'd rate this a very good first draft.)

Contrary to your idea that this would be better for a mountain team because of Anaheim being coastal, well #1 you can get to the mountains in two hours, and #2 on clear days you can clearly see the Mountains perfectly from the Honda Center. I'd know because I go to school across the street, so I don't have a problem with the idea of mountains. It did give me an idea for a logo, and no I won't steal this thread, I'll go work on it when I have time this weekend.

a_ducks.gif

I like the more agressive look, something your concept lacks, and the color of the mallard is closer to being accurate. In my opinion the triangle doesn't work and isn't necessary. Once that's gone all you have is a painted over version of the other proposed concept.

I like this concept alot, I wish the Ducks would have gone with something similar as the primary logo and used the web foot D as a shoulder patch.

a_ducks.gif

Like the logo but i doubt that they will go back to there old colors.I think it would look good with there current colors.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived