NBA Draftees/Free Agents/Tradees with new jerseys

Ron Mexico

#52 is ungly (imo). It looks like the two numbers are falling in on each other. I think it's a little better when the font is true block (straight-bar 2) then when the two has a slanted bar, but either way it's not a pretty number. Not that great players haven't worn it (as you mentioned, Rey Lewis.) When I played football my # was always 58, which I think is one of the more attractive 50s numbers (55, 56, 50, even maybe 54 being the others.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#52 is ungly (imo). It looks like the two numbers are falling in on each other. I think it's a little better when the font is true block (straight-bar 2) then when the two has a slanted bar, but either way it's not a pretty number. Not that great players haven't worn it (as you mentioned, Rey Lewis.) When I played football my # was always 58, which I think is one of the more attractive 50s numbers (55, 56, 50, even maybe 54 being the others.)

#58...Derrick Thomas; Jack Lambert.

Nice.

Off-question: has anyone ever worn #58 in the NBA?

There's a way to make a unique statement...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Saturday, June 30th, 2007 - 19:49:14)

Noah is going to wear 13 for the Bulls. They are selling the jerseys on their websites, no press conference or any to showcase it.

What? They didn't retire #13 for Luc Longley??

:P

Aaron Brooks and Carl Landry

fullj.getty-74924310bb005_rockets_draft_press_conference.jpg

fullj.getty-74924310bb001_rockets_draft_press_conference.jpg

Ben Walla . . . errrr, Rodney Stuckey

fullj.getty-ae005_pistons_draft_picks.jpg

Aaron Afflalo

fullj.getty-74924310ae007_pistons_draft_2_08_35_pm.jpg

Morris Almond

fullj.getty-74924310mm000_jazz_press_6_41_10_pm.jpg

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Non-centers and people not named Gilbert Arenas can wear 0? That doesn't seem right.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

sixersdrafttr1.jpg

76ers should do what the columbus bluejackets did, make these the roads, and make a white version of them (Well, with Sixers instead of phila, the current whites are ok)

Ah ha...so THAT's where the the Atlanta Hawks stole that template design from!!! :therock:

[ducks]

Aaron Brooks and Carl Landry

fullj.getty-74924310bb005_rockets_draft_press_conference.jpg

They just as well may have given Aaron Brooks a step-ladder to stand on in this picture...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

6aislxz.jpg

Brewer and Richard in their uniforms

Think they'll play with Kevin Garnett this year??? :D:D:D

Morris probably won't wear #1 due to it being retired by the Jazz.

Almond is going to wear #22 for the Utah Jazz.

The Salt Lake Tribune says the Number is cursed.

Well I dont believe in the curse. Amundson didnt play more than like 2 minutes put together. And the rest of the guys were nuts or just sucked.

kylekorversig1if2.png

Does anyone know what # Sean Williams will wear for the Nets?

What's the highest number you can think of?

:D

haha i can think of ALOT of high numbers. maybe the NBA might make an exception for him to wear 420 on his jersey, itd be a top seller! :D

GO NETS.

Non-centers and people not named Gilbert Arenas can wear 0? That doesn't seem right.

he wore it all throughout college, even wearing 00 his freshman year.

Brooks not wearing 0 would be hard to comprehend.

harperdc.gif

For the Sixers, Thaddeus Young is having an online vote to allow the fans to pick his jersey number. Here is the info:

Pick Thaddeus Young's number

-Courtesy of the Philadelphia 76ers

Philadelphia, Pa. - June 30, 2007 - The Philadelphia 76ers and forward Thaddeus Young, the 12th overall pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, are offering fans the chance to select Young's jersey number via an online poll at Sixers.com.

Fans will be given Young's final four choices - numbers 5, 21, 30 and 31 - and can cast their votes online starting Thursday, July 5, through Friday, July 27, at Sixers.com. The winning number will be announced online on July 30, 2007.

A 6-foot-8, 210-pound guard/forward, Young was one of the top freshmen in the country last season while playing at Georgia Tech. He scored a team-high tying 14.4 points per game while adding averages of 4.9 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 1.29 steals. The 19-year-old also connected on 39 three-pointers on 41.9 percent shooting in 31 games played.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Big Baby and Gabe Pruitt.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, Ray Allen will wear #20 for the Celtics.

capt.2fedbb20102b49d79dd5158aeb1ef8b1.celtics_draft_maah101.jpg

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

According to the Journal Sentinel the Bucks will not be giving in to any trade demands. If Yi doesn't sign (this is all his agent and former team, NOT Yi) he'll have to sit out a year to re-enter the draft. That's not going to happen.

Why would the Bucks lose his rights? For example, the Magic drafted Fran Vazquez a couple of years ago. He stayed overseas, but they still hold his rights. I don't think Yi would be allowed to re-enter the draft.

The way it works is any player Drafted by a team in the NBA has their rights tied to that team forever... UNLESS that player sits out a full calendar year and does not play pro-basketball. Then they can re-enter the draft. Fran has continued playing and as long as he does that the Magic have his rights. The difference in the Yi vs. Fran issues is that Fran doesn't really care about getting to the NBA, Yi really wants to be in the NBA and has been on record of saying he will play where ever.

Yi and his people may bluff and say they will hold him out a year but they won't. The stand to lose way too much money and Yi's reputation will be killed through no fault of his own. The people hodling him back are Dan Fagen (Agent) who is influenced by Nike who wants Yi in a bigger market to seel more shoes. Also I think the GM of his prior team is on record as not wanting to let him go. Fagen gets 20% of Yi's endorsement money so there is a lot at stake for him, Yi be damed. I am sure this will drag on for a while, but if the Bucks are serious aobut keeping him Yi and his people have no choice and I really do think he will end up here after all is said and done. At some point maybe Mr. Stern could come in and help a small market out. It will be interesting.

People keep blaming Red China, but they only care about him getting playing time (which he would in Milwaukee) so he can beome a better player. They badly want to medal in basketball in the 08 olympics. Location is not a factor for China.

And let's be honest, it's doubtful Oden is going to be a national jersey seller...unless the Blazers start climbing the conference, that is.

Are you kidding? This guy is the most hyped prospect since LeBron, and maybe even more so. Did they have a hard time selling LBJ jerseys because he was in Cleveland, or Carmelo Anthony jerseys because he was in Denver? No, even though both teams are smaller markets and had terrible teams when they drafted those guys. Oden jerseys (and Durant jerseys) are going to be HUGE sellers.

Archived