NBA Draftees/Free Agents/Tradees with new jerseys

Ron Mexico

wrightlasme.jpg

Brandan Wright and Stephane Lasme of the Golden State Warriors.

That's a terrible composition - those fellas look like they're about four feet tall.

And let's be honest, it's doubtful Oden is going to be a national jersey seller...unless the Blazers start climbing the conference, that is.

Are you kidding? This guy is the most hyped prospect since LeBron, and maybe even more so. Did they have a hard time selling LBJ jerseys because he was in Cleveland, or Carmelo Anthony jerseys because he was in Denver? No, even though both teams are smaller markets and had terrible teams when they drafted those guys. Oden jerseys (and Durant jerseys) are going to be HUGE sellers.

Agreed. Small market won't work against their jersey sales (although being on the West Coast, and therefore having fewer games in prime time, might).

prime time is relative, mate ;) that's mostly what I meant - smaller market in the most 'remote' place in the country. it won't hurt us if we win (the west coast thing will), but it hurt Z-bo for the All-Star Game last year. Just watch, he'll put up numbers similar to last year this year and be an All-Star.

plus, Cleveland's at least on the "east side" and Denver's a MUCH bigger market then Portland is. Denver's about equal to Seattle, if a bit smaller then the emerald city, but it's farther east, too....

harperdc.gif

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And let's be honest, it's doubtful Oden is going to be a national jersey seller...unless the Blazers start climbing the conference, that is.

Are you kidding? This guy is the most hyped prospect since LeBron, and maybe even more so. Did they have a hard time selling LBJ jerseys because he was in Cleveland, or Carmelo Anthony jerseys because he was in Denver? No, even though both teams are smaller markets and had terrible teams when they drafted those guys. Oden jerseys (and Durant jerseys) are going to be HUGE sellers.

Agreed. Small market won't work against their jersey sales (although being on the West Coast, and therefore having fewer games in prime time, might).

prime time is relative, mate ;) that's mostly what I meant - smaller market in the most 'remote' place in the country. it won't hurt us if we win (the west coast thing will), but it hurt Z-bo for the All-Star Game last year. Just watch, he'll put up numbers similar to last year this year and be an All-Star.

plus, Cleveland's at least on the "east side" and Denver's a MUCH bigger market then Portland is. Denver's about equal to Seattle, if a bit smaller then the emerald city, but it's farther east, too....

I'm not trying to debate market size, but Oden is an anomaly in how hyped he has been. He's been a star since his junior year of high school, he played for the No. 1 team in the nation for much of the season, he played his best game of the season in the National Championship Game...and had he never set foot on a college campus he STILL would be the most hyped prospect since LBJ. What hampers small-market athletes is lack of exposure. Let's face is, Greg Oden already has had more exposure than all but a handful of NBA players, and he's already had ALOT more exposure than Z-Bo. So, for most prospects, you'd be right about Portland. But Greg Oden is an obvious (and exceptionally tall) exception.

When the hell did Chris Mullen turn into everyone's grandfather?

No kidding. That guy's my age. I hope I don't look as old as he does.

What's ironic is how young he looked while at St. John's. He looked SO much younger than everyone else when he was in college.

It was the full head of hair and beer-fortified babyfat.

I kinda miss the old Brooklyn Mullie. I never warmed up to the post-AA version.

jersey_gallery_070307_6.jpg

Is it really that hard to make a stripe line up?

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

According to the Wolves Summer League roster, Chris Richard will be wearing #25, not #32 like at the press conference.

This is due to the numerical musical chairs being played. Newly arrived Juwan Howard is pulling the veteran card on Criag Smith and taking #5, so Craig Smith will be wearing #1 (his BC number), which was Rashad McCants' number but apparently he was looking to switch to a new number anyway, so he's taking #32 (his UNC number), which Chris Richard was introduced with but he will not wear so that he can take #25 (amazingly enough, Juwan Hoawrd's number at Michigan.)

Got that? Good.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

According to the Wolves Summer League roster, Chris Richard will be wearing #25, not #32 like at the press conference.

This is due to the numerical musical chairs being played. Newly arrived Juwan Howard is pulling the veteran card on Criag Smith and taking #5, so Craig Smith will be wearing #1 (his BC number), which was Rashad McCants' number but apparently he was looking to switch to a new number anyway, so he's taking #32 (his UNC number), which Chris Richard was introduced with but he will not wear so that he can take #25 (amazingly enough, Juwan Hoawrd's number at Michigan.)

Got that? Good.

Wow Juwan, I already hate you. Good work. I thought i'd have to watch you plod and complain through 10-12 games before I would.

Well done.

Ps. don't take that ish, cookie monster.

/homer rant

Spencer Hawes

With Mother and Father

74961825.jpg

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Washington's first round pick from last year, Oleksiy Pecherov, wearing #14.

fullj.getty-74924310ml002_olekiypecherov.jpg

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Cute, that's as much fun as they'll ever have in those jerseys.

Is there a reason why the white stripe on the navy jersey is about twice as thick as the red stripe on the white jersey?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Cute, that's as much fun as they'll ever have in those jerseys.

Is there a reason why the white stripe on the navy jersey is about twice as thick as the red stripe on the white jersey?

I think if you look closely, there's actually silver striping right next to the colored stripping. It just isnt as noticeable next to white stripe as it is to the red, and blends in

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

Archived