NBA Draftees/Free Agents/Tradees with new jerseys

Ron Mexico

jersey_gallery_070307_6.jpg

Is it really that hard to make a stripe line up?

Cute, that's as much fun as they'll ever have in those jerseys.

Is there a reason why the white stripe on the navy jersey is about twice as thick as the red stripe on the white jersey?

I think if you look closely, there's actually silver striping right next to the colored stripping. It just isnt as noticeable next to white stripe as it is to the red, and blends in

you know what, you're right. I didn't even think about that.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that summer league uniforms are pretty accurate as far as translating to the regular season.

So, aparently, Mike Conley Jr. will wear #11 for the Grizzlies.

Mconley_400_070706.jpg

maybe it will be the number he wears, but it isnt always the case. dwyane wade wore #5 prior to his rookie year in summer league

capt260ae94c313b4e5e854eac13940661f.magic_lewis_basketball_fljr104.jpg

Im sure it has been said before, but how much does Stan Van Gundy look like Ron Jeremy? Oh, and Rashard Lewis with his new Magic Jersey.

On looking at the picture again, Otis Smith really looks like Stuart Scott as well. Sorry, random comment.

Alvin Adams will allow Grant Hill to wear No. 33, which has been retired since 1989...I'll post pics as soon as they are up. GO SUNS!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

capt260ae94c313b4e5e854eac13940661f.magic_lewis_basketball_fljr104.jpg

Im sure it has been said before, but how much does Stan Van Gundy look like Ron Jeremy? Oh, and Rashard Lewis with his new Magic Jersey.

On looking at the picture again, Otis Smith really looks like Stuart Scott as well. Sorry, random comment.

Boy the more I look at it, the more the Magic's jersey looks blander than a patsox concept

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Alvin Adams will allow Grant Hill to wear No. 33, which has been retired since 1989...I'll post pics as soon as they are up. GO SUNS!

Allow me ...

Grant Hill w/ No. 33 Suns Jersey.

Can I say? I think the Suns are soft. I'm a lifelong Suns fan, but I just can't get over how they let the Spurs beat the :censored: out of 'em in the playoffs. Sure, the refs weren't calling fouls. But a couple retaliatory elbows to the jaw of Manu or a body blow to flatten Tony Parker on a drive to the basket -- if we would've got rough back, the refs would've been forced to start calling the game tighter.

So the Spurs get the title and we get pretty boy Grant Hill, w/ his "nice" image and his purple-and-orange jersey w/ bubbly letters. They dress like a WNBA team, which is appropriate given the sack w/ which the play. I'm sick of it. PUSSIES!

<< slams-door >>

the Round Mound of Rebound didn't play very soft, and he played in purple.

blame the '07 playoff losses on the refs and Stern's BS rule. if it could be interpreted in a way that WASN'T hard line, then Amare wouldn't have missed a game, Horry might've missed more, and the Suns would have been through. As it was, the Spurs could bully their way through to the Western finals...and with no Mavericks in there way, it was always going to be.

harperdc.gif

It seems that summer league uniforms are pretty accurate as far as translating to the regular season.

So, aparently, Mike Conley Jr. will wear #11 for the Grizzlies.

Mconley_400_070706.jpg

maybe it will be the number he wears, but it isnt always the case. dwyane wade wore #5 prior to his rookie year in summer league

Several pages ago (pg 2, I believe), I posted a quote from the Memphis paper where Conley said he will wear #11.

the Round Mound of Rebound didn't play very soft, and he played in purple.

blame the '07 playoff losses on the refs and Stern's BS rule. if it could be interpreted in a way that WASN'T hard line, then Amare wouldn't have missed a game, Horry might've missed more, and the Suns would have been through. As it was, the Spurs could bully their way through to the Western finals...and with no Mavericks in there way, it was always going to be.

Yeah, Sir Charles was tough. But he hasn't played for the Suns in over a decade. And yeah, the Suns got screwed by the officials and the league. But it was apparent very early that the refs were gonna allow a brutally physical style of play.

So did the Suns adapt to that? No, they played martyrs instead of giving the Spurs some of their own medicine. Coach D'Antoni doesn't like to use his bench, but if you're not gonna rely on them for minutes, then rely on them for muscle. If Kurt Thomas or Pat Burke would've done to a Spur what Robert Horry did to Steve Nash, then (1) the refs would've had no choice but to reign in the physical style of play; and/or (2) maybe the Spurs would've had to play w/o one of their key players during crunch time.

It would've been ugly, but the Suns could've taken their fate into their own hands instead of relying in vain on the refs to rescue them from the big, bad Spurs. When you're getting your ass kicked up and down the court, you either fight back or start your offseason early. The Suns did the latter.

So the Spurs get the title and we get pretty boy Grant Hill, w/ his "nice" image and his purple-and-orange jersey w/ bubbly letters. They dress like a WNBA team, which is appropriate given the sack w/ which the play. I'm sick of it. PUSSIES!

<< slams-door >>

*shakes head*

So so misinformed. The only way your comment is right is if you had said "this crop of Suns dress like a WNBA team," since Phoenix's history has hardly been that of "pussies."

It's okay to vent, but be accurate about it.

<< slams-door >>

*shakes head*

So so misinformed. The only way your comment is right is if you had said "this crop of Suns dress like a WNBA team," since Phoenix's history has hardly been that of "pussies."

It's okay to vent, but be accurate about it.

OK, look. My username is amare32. I love the Suns. I know the team's history. I'm proud of it. So let me be very specific -- this incarnation of the Suns, w/ their WNBA-style uniforms and their pillowy soft play in the San Antonio series, makes me ill.

It's cool to play up-tempo basketball. The Suns are an exciting team to watch. But they will not claim the NBA title they've been chasing for 40 years until they toughen up. I don't need thugs, I just need them to stand up for themselves and fight. If you can't play physical basketball, then, yes, you're gonna get steamrolled by the Spurs in the playoffs.

It's clearly a concern secondary to the will of the players in the uniforms, but I think the look that they sport contributes to their soft style of play. This is purely anecdotal, but I can tell you that the atmosphere at Diamondbacks games has changed since they dumped purple-and-teal for red-and-black. If you look and feel aggressive, you play that way -- and your fans behave that way. I can't rock Suns' gear w/o feeling like a softy. Part of that is the team's playoff performance and part of that is their look.

I'm a fan -- a BIG fan -- but I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore.

Another Grant Hill pic

capt.37aa497544e04effb1e7e55e177cec62.suns_hill_basketball_azrf109.jpg

That's fine for the press conference, but like Karl Malone with Magic's 32, Hill should think better of it and decide not to wear No. 33. A retired number should stay retired. One quote I saw from Adams was that he'd only allow it for a player of Hill's "stature." Unfortunately, Hill hasn't had the best of luck in No. 33 and that stature isn't anywhere near where it was supposed to be. Maybe a new number would do him some good.

Hill said he'd have worn No. 35 or No. 8 if he couldn't get 33. Between now and the season opener, I hope he comes to his senses and does just that. I also hope Suns fans demand it.

Steve Blake is back with the Blazers, and it was revealed on Mike Barrett's Blog that he would return to his #2 jersey and Josh McRoberts would take up the #4 for the regular season.

blake0731.jpg

harperdc.gif

Archived