Sydney Swans

Discrim

Sydney Swans

Basically, I'd wanted to redo my old Swans concept for a little while, and a few days ago, I decided the swan and the opera house from my previous work could use a little update. so here we go...

swansred.png

swanswhite.png

as soon as I find my old one, I'll post it here, but the swan on that one wore the present Sydney jumper, I felt it'd be better if he wore a jumper that matched the one he was on. and the shadowing of the opera house started out as something I was only gonna do for the back of the red jumper, so it didn't get completely lost on there, and I liked what I saw so I decided to carry it over to the white jumper and the logo for consistency's sake.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

No way. Its a good job, but it too cartoony for anything in the AFL. And AFL teams dont really need logos on their jerseys....they usually just have shapes and jersey patterns.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

The SWANS ? Is this a joke ?

Good work in general on the design but the hole set just seems inappropriate for the AFL.

AllyB96

Quest for the 25th : HABS ALL THE WAY !

Vincent Lecavalier - 1998 NHL Draft - 1st pick overall, TB - from Rimouski Oceanic, LHJMQ

lecavaliersignature.jpg

1996-1997 CHL Rookie of the Year -- 2003-2004 Stanley Cup Champion -- 2004 World Cup of Hockey Champion and MVP -- 2006-2007 Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy Winner -- 2 Times NHL All-Stars Game Participant

No way. Its a good job, but it too cartoony for anything in the AFL. And AFL teams dont really need logos on their jerseys....they usually just have shapes and jersey patterns.

heh, you're talkin to a fella who's got a side in the CCSLC's footy league and footyjumpers.com in his site's links page :D I know one thing, I am a fan of their real jumper, and I know damn well I coulda done worse....this coulda taken cues from Brisbane's new whites, or Collingwood's roid-raging preseason barcodes ;) though strangely enough, Freo's 98-2000 monstrosity did inspire my decision to only have striping in the middle.

just my two rusted Lincolns, though

drevel: thank you, thank you very much *takes bow*

allyb: unless I'm making a fantasy team, I don't pick the names, I just make the concepts. The only major exception I've ever made was for the Astros back in the Fanhome days (after hearing of a rumored name change that they balked at, I dubbed em the South Texas Railmen for a concept). And that was only cus I hate their current uniforms.

heh, to drop a little of the knowledge I've been gleaming since I fell in love with the footy, the Swans got their nickname back in the 30's when they were still in South Melbourne, and they had numerous standouts from Western Australia, whose symbol is the black swan. Prior to that, South was often referred to as Blood Stained Angels due to their white jumpers with a red sash, which was replaced in the early 30s with a white jumper featuring a red V.

Really not much different than Montreal Alouettes when you think about it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Okay, I almost forgot to come back to this. Then I saw your myspace page and remembered to come back here.

Basically I like what your going for. Not many sides have stripes like that down the middle. It may need more, espeically on the away one, maybe try a red panel down the sides of the jumper.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure which past South jumper would work.

On the back, maybe straighten up the number patch, just the sides and bottom of it could be a tad straighter.

Other than that, it fits your style, ..... the swan is actually quite cool!

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

The Fremantle Dockers jersey is horrid. Way too many colours. West Coast Eagles are much better with the blue and gold home strip. Thats one of the best jerseys in the league.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Gotta say, don't need your signature to know it's your creation... it's has your trademark mean cartoon all over it... and I'm loving it...

True, it may not hols in real life, but damn it, you can't be taken seriously with a name like the swans....

my favourite element is actually the "number plate" shaped as Opera House...

Swans have a mean side, everyone knows a kid who's been bitten trying to feed them...

And lets' face it, it still more "manly" than FREO!!!

:blink:

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived