Alouettes number change

steve61

According to several rumours, the Als were supposed to be using their blue thirds as their regular home jerseys this season. Instead, they seem to have kept the existing home (much nicer jersey in my opinion) but changed the numbers from those hard to see grey things to a white block style with a border. Not a major change but a nice upgrade.

calvillo_sacked_vert.jpg

zzPEfBm.png

I also noticed that they changed the style of block number on the front. If you look at this old photo ...

alouette.jpg

... you'll see on Jock Climie (far left) that the middle bar of the 2 goes horizontal. The 2's on the front of the jersey last night had that bar going diagonally, like is more common hockey sweaters. For example ...

brewer.jpg

But the sleeve numbers still had the 2's with horizontal bars. It's a nice update, but that's one little inconsistency that will probably drive me nuts. ^_^

I also noticed that they changed the style of block number on the front. If you look at this old photo ...

alouette.jpg

... you'll see on Jock Climie (far left) that the middle bar of the 2 goes horizontal. The 2's on the front of the jersey last night had that bar going diagonally, like is more common hockey sweaters. For example ...

brewer.jpg

But the sleeve numbers still had the 2's with horizontal bars. It's a nice update, but that's one little inconsistency that will probably drive me nuts. ^_^

Yeah, the sleeve numbers appear to be the same horizontal design in the old solid silver colour.

zzPEfBm.png

Archived