Baltimore Bullets

cappital92

Now, for those of you who don't know you the Baltimore Bullets are, I'll tell you. The Bullets moved over from Chicago in 1963, when they were bought by Abe Pollin, who's still their owner today. The Bullets played in the Baltimore Civic Arena, now known as the 1st Mariner Bank Arena. In 1970 the Bullets made the NBA Finals,where they were swept by the Milwaukee Bucks. They moved about half-hour on a good day south to the then brand new Capital Centre in dazzling Landover, Maryland in 1974, where they became the Capital, then Washington Bullets.

Now, about this concept. The Bullets colors in Baltimore were blue and orange. For this concept, I darkened the blue a little and kept the orange the same. I made the home jersey cream. I got this idea from a Hardwood Classics T-shirt I own. Logos are updated versions of the old one. Anyway, you may want to duck now, as the Bullets are firing towards you!

bullets.png

Hit me with your best shot! (No more firearms analogies.)

The script on the jersey is very difficult to read with the bullet streaking on top of it. I would either put the bullet behind the script or take it off all together for the logo. The rest of the uniforms are pretty nice. The waistband should be one color.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Hard to read and why does the bullet look like a house on its side. Not that the bullet from the 60's era logo was much better. Keep trying and I am sure something good will come.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I like the home script from concept #1, I'd just put the bullet streaks behind the lettering. The road script on concept #2 is also really nice. In both cases I'd drop the bullet underline and increase the font size, so they are more legible. Finally I'd again put the bullet streaks behind the B logo. Overall I think it is a very nice concept.

By no means am I saying this to offend... but there is no redeeming quality about that logo.

I'm guessing that you tried to retain some of the elements of the original B'more Bullets logo, but that logo (like every other logo the Bullets/Wizards franchise has used in its history) was extremely dated. You could probably come up with something better if you tried to be more original.

The alternate, with the bullet goin through the B, it looks more like a D then anything else.

Still you always get props just for putting in an effort

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived