More Botched Throwbacks

RollWolfpack

Looking on Eastbay.com I saw Nike has produced a "Greats and Glory" throwback jersey for Shaun Alexander and the Crimson Tide, along with a few other standouts for other schools. However, they completely dropped the ball on this throwback. And I'm not a jersey expert, but some of they others they have on the site look a little off also. What do you guys think?

16910021_z.jpg

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

Looking on Eastbay.com I saw Nike has produced a "Greats and Glory" throwback jersey for Shaun Alexander and the Crimson Tide, along with a few other standouts for other schools. However, they completely dropped the ball on this throwback. And I'm not a jersey expert, but some of they others they have on the site look a little off also. What do you guys think?

16910021_z.jpg

The botch I see is that they put stripes on an Alabama football jersey.

Nike has done several jerseys with this theme. These are not accurate throwbacks that were worn by the players. They were worn by the team at some point in time. For instance, last year they made a Deron Williams Illinois jersey in the style of the 1989 team. I am guessing Bama had shoulder stripes at some time.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Nike has done several jerseys with this theme. These are not accurate throwbacks that were worn by the players. They were worn by the team at some point in time. For instance, last year they made a Deron Williams Illinois jersey in the style of the 1989 team. I am guessing Bama had shoulder stripes at some time.

TheOldRoman is correct. I know they had a Jordan, Wade, Boozer, and Gordon all in styles that they never wore.

Could it have something to do with licensing issues? Maybe Nike isn't allowed to do an exact throwback replica or something. I'd hate to think that a company that is so image conscious could miss the mark by that much.

BB52Big.jpg

There was ShaUn Alexander and a ShaWn Alexander also. On their jerseys were SU. and SW. with Alexander also. When ShaWn left (I think 1997 was his last yr) ShaUn wanted to go to "Alexander" but the students wanted him to keep "SU. Alexander". When he would have a good carry , the students would yell "Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" so they wanted to keep that going.

This jersey is crap. The only thing I can think of is they tried to model it after the Seahawks jersey striping and number font from his 1st yr with the Seahawks. He signed a game worn jersey for me from his last yr at Alabama and his first yr Seahawks jersey. We still talk a good bit.

2qluyo7.png

We have never wore those shoulder stripes.

2qluyo7.png

Looks like an Oklahoma jersey - Maybe Nike made too many Sooner jerseys and trying to pass them off.

Friggin' Hosers! I hate Nike!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

None of the jerseys that Nike has put out would have been worn by the players that are on them. Eddie George's Ohio State jersey is something from like the 1940's-1950's. That's if Ohio State ever wore them. Clinton Portis' jersey is Miami's unis from the first years of the program.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived