Us soccer uniforms

slapshot

I caught some of the US Friendly match against Denmark (it was halftime of the Pats game and I was bored). I read here that they got new unis this year, I'm not really a fan of the weird horizontal red stripe in the middle of the back. But is it just a one-game thing where they don;t have names on the back? Neither team had names on the back, but in this picture from May (I think) you can clearly see the names.

mdf446210.jpg

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

i don't think those are the new ones mentioned...seems like a curious decision though.  only teams i recall going nameless are Mexico (although right now i'm not sure) and Ajax, maybe some others i missed.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

usually for friendly games teams have jerseys with no names since coaches are inviting a big number of players so they can test each player before they make a roster for the upcoming cup or tournament, hence the reason why they don't have nemas since it would be a lot of players with only apperance for national team, no need to go extra yard to make a name on the back. And in club soccer, most big teams have names (Ajax too) while some small teams from small countryes have not, reasons are purly financial.

Certyainly FIFA and UEFA say that teams must were names and numbers for competitions, and for that matter numbers on front of jerseys. But as players don't usually have squad numbers for friendlies, and are usually numbered in the traditional 1-11 fashion, and the number of a player is not then necessarily decided before an hour before the game, it would be difficult to put names on for friendlies, or indeed qualification matches for championships.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived