Colorado Avalanche Concept

uniguy22

I was looking at the Colorado Avalanche logo and it just didn't seem right to me. An avalanche is supposed to be cold, but the red in the logo gave the whole logo a warm feeling to me. I decided to change the colour scheme to give the logo and uniforms a colder style. For the logo I got rid of the oval around the A, because I felt it wasn't necessary. For the jersey design I wanted to go more traditional, and for the jersey to actually look like a sweater you would wear in the cold. I kept the same number font because it works well with the logo. This was done in paint as always. C & C would be great.

colorodojerseyset-1.png

Im not a fan. The stripe above the logo is unecessary and makes the logo far too low. As for the colour change...I can see where you're going with trying to make it feel cold and all, but I think it looses its boldness. You need to have a darker colour in there somewhere to compliment the light blues. Even if you put some more black in it somewhere, Im not sure.

Overall....its ok.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

UPDATE

I moved the logo up, but I kept the numbers the same. I'll see if I should do anything else but I'd just like to get some more C& C first.

Looks really cool.

AT first I thought you were trying to match the nuggets :D

O btw what font did you use to label everything?

NBA Raptors. It was the first font that came up so I just used it.

Because of the cold weather element, it seems a bit cliché to go to a navy blue/light blue combination. And the last thing the sporting world needs is more light blue. I understand why people go there design-wise. However, as a fan having to deal with crappy weather outside (while the season is going, of course), why would I need to be reminded of that in the escapism that is attending a sporting event? Get another more comforting color into the set. There needs to be something more alive in this design.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Not terrible, but for the Avs... Burgundy is key.

At the risk of being ignorant - why is burgundy key? Is it signifying something I am missing, some connection to the city or to avalanches in general?

As for the concept:

I really like this, though I can't fully embrace it. It's got a pantsload of potential. I like the "icier" feel of the light blue, and the horizontal stripes are a great idea. The problem is, they make the rest of the design a little unwieldy - the crest becomes too small, and the placement of the name and numbers (sleeves and back) is made more awkward. Consider overlapping the numbers and crest atop the stripes, and give yourself a little freedom. Double blue would be a more natural fit for the Avs than say, the Penguins, whose black and gold works better for the city they play in as well as the animal the team took its nickname from. And the Thrashers don't use double blue to the full extent of its capabilities. The Avs could make this work. You're not far off.

PS - Nice sig! :P

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived