Tiger-Cats bring back gold pants.

Bleujayone

Watching last night's Hamilton vs. Calgary highlights, I saw the Ti-Cats are now wearing gold pants for the first time in a couple of years.

After the league-wide CFL uniform revamp by Reebok, Hamilton had their traditional gold pants eliminated opting instead for a black pair and a white pair. The team experimented with gold game socks, a gold alternate jersey and even a alternate white helmet, but not having gold pants seemed a little out of place. Now they feature a gold pant with the new side stripe the other two pants have. Pity it didn't help them play better as Calgary mauled them last night.

CFL Gallery Hamilton vs. Calgary

PS- the gallery also features some close-up shots of Montreal's new jersey numbers

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Watching last night's Hamilton vs. Calgary highlights, I saw the Ti-Cats are now wearing gold pants for the first time in a couple of years.

After the league-wide CFL uniform revamp by Reebok, Hamilton had their traditional gold pants eliminated opting instead for a black pair and a white pair. The team experimented with gold game socks, a gold alternate jersey and even a alternate white helmet, but not having gold pants seemed a little out of place. Now they feature a gold pant with the new side stripe the other two pants have. Pity it didn't help them play better as Calgary mauled them last night.

CFL Gallery Hamilton vs. Calgary

PS- the gallery also features some close-up shots of Montreal's new jersey numbers

Thank God, they looked great! I hated the black, and to a lesser degree the white pants. I hope we see them used less and less until they fade off into the past!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

I think the red stripe on the pants is totally unnecessary. The only other red in the entire uniform is the tongue on the helmet, why put a red stripe on a black and yellow uniform?

Maybe the Ti-Cats ownership group took a couple whiffs of whatever the Pittsburgh Pirates' ownership was sniffing when they decided to (more prominently) feature ketchup--er, red--in their color scheme... (when previously the only other red in the Pirates' package was the polka-dot bandanna on the Pirates' logo).

Just hope, for your sake, the Tiger-Cats don't go for a ketchup-colored 3rd jersey... :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Maybe Saskatchewan will actually stick with the silver pants instead of ruining things with Black again this year.

They'll wear throwbacks around Labour Day, FYI.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Maybe Saskatchewan will actually stick with the silver pants instead of ruining things with Black again this year.

They'll wear throwbacks around Labour Day, FYI.

If the must wear their black pants, maybe they could wear their green socks with them to avoid the all black "uni-tard" look.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I've been a big fan of the Alouettes' uniforms ever since they went back to their classic (plus silver) design, and I've gotta say the new 3-color numbers make for a nice upgrade. And I like the silver numbers being kept on the sleeves.

Now, let's all gather around, bow our heads, and engage in a moment of quiet reflection, with the hope that the Als' ridiculous black alternate uniform never sees the light of day again.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Tiger-Cats in Gold pants -

TICATS1.jpg

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Now, let's all gather around, bow our heads, and engage in a moment of quiet reflection, with the hope that the Als' ridiculous black alternate uniform never sees the light of day again.

Sod, I hope you don't convert after this, but the Als are supposed to have a, ahem, "new" black alternate for 2007. This makes me wonder if the Als will be sporting 3 possible home units for 07. Current with new #'s, the blue with Als head logo on Arms, and the gawd awful black.

Alouettes_roadsign.pngBlueJays_roadsign.pngExpos_roadsign.png

Pic from tonites game ( only one i could find ) ;

reynolds_joffrey_hor.jpg

I know I went back a little on this, but you look at the #2 on the front of this jersey posted and the 2 on the maroon jersey they look like hockey numbers like the Canadiens, Oilers, Senators, Stars, Sabres (old) used. Plus, the sleeve numbers look similar to what the Packers and Raiders use. Good mix, esp. on the maroon jersey, very sharp

• 3 weeks later...

How about those Yellow(gold) jerseys! I like those!...kind of like the old Pittsburgh Pirates combination yellow jerseys with the black pants...do they ever wear them in combination with the yellow pants for a very "bright" monochrome look?

Archived