The Biggest Milestone Season Ever?

pcgd

I mentioned this in the Frank Thomas 500HR or the Phillies 10k loses thread (can't remember which one) but has there ever been a year with so many milestones in one season?

I think we are witnessing one of, if not the most, impressive seasons of personal/team records in history right now, and I thought it deserved its own thread.

If I missed any major milestones let me know.

Has happened:

Trevor Hoffman - 500 Saves

Sammy Sosa - 600 HRs

Frank Thomas - 500 HRs

Craig Biggio - 3000 Hits

Will Happen:

Philadelphia Phillies - 10k losses as a team

Chicago Cubs - 10k wins as a team

Roger Clemens - 350 Wins

Barry Bonds - All time HR Record

Tom Glavine - 300 Wins

Alex Rodriguez - 500 HRs

Might Happen

Greg Maddux - 350 Wins

Ken Griffey Jr. - 600 HRs

Manny Ramierez - 500 HRs

Jim Thome - 500 HRs

Long Shot for this season

Gary Sheffield - 500 HRs

I just thought it was pretty cool. Maybe I'm the only one interested in this at all.

I mentioned this in the Frank Thomas 500HR or the Phillies 10k loses thread (can't remember which one) but has there ever been a year with so many milestones in one season?

I think we are witnessing one of, if not the most, impressive seasons of personal/team records in history right now, and I thought it deserved its own thread.

Has happened:

Sammy Sosa - 600 HRs

Frank Thomas - 500 HRs

Craig Biggio - 3000 Hits

Will Happen:

Roger Clemens - 350 Wins

Tom Glavine - 300 Wins

Alex Rodriguez - 500 HRs

Might Happen

Greg Maddux - 350 Wins

Manny Ramierez - 500 HRs

Jim Thome - 500 HRs

Gary Sheffield - 500 HRs

I just thought it was pretty cool. Maybe I'm the only one interested in this at all.

Add another milestone, Bruce Froemming breaking Bill Klem's record for most years of service as an umpire.

LvZYtbZ.png

I think the Cubs are going to get to 10K losses as well. Also, Bobby Cox is going to break the all-time record for ejections if he hasn't already.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think Chipper Jones has a doubles milestone and the all time Atlanta HR record coming.

The record for most homers in Braves franchise history, or just since they moved to Atlanta? I think Chipper might have a little while to go before he broke the franchise record. :)

I guess this sort of fits in... Russell Martin became the first ever Canadian born catcher to start the All-Star Game.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

As much as I despise the Georgie Boy's Evil Empire, I give credit to A-Rod when he gets 500 HR at the age of 32 (possibly 31 if he does it before his brithday on July 27), being the youngest to reach the plateau.

I think Chipper Jones has a doubles milestone and the all time Atlanta HR record coming.

The record for most homers in Braves franchise history, or just since they moved to Atlanta? I think Chipper might have a little while to go before he broke the franchise record. :)

Atlanta Braves history.

As much as I despise the Georgie Boy's Evil Empire, I give credit to A-Rod when he gets 500 HR at the age of 32 (possibly 31 if he does it before his brithday on July 27), being the youngest to reach the plateau.

Well, he will break the Bonds' All Time HR record in few years more...

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Has happened:

Sammy Sosa - 600 HRs

Frank Thomas - 500 HRs

Craig Biggio - 3000 Hits

Will Happen:

Roger Clemens - 350 Wins

Tom Glavine - 300 Wins

Alex Rodriguez - 500 HRs

Might Happen

Greg Maddux - 350 Wins

Manny Ramierez - 500 HRs

Jim Thome - 500 HRs

Gary Sheffield - 500 HRs

Under the Will Happen Category:

I hate to say it but it has to be Barry Bonds's record.

Why do you feel the need to repeat EXACTLY what was already posted?

Not that big of a deal, but I think Aubrey Huff had his 1,000th hit on the same day he hit for the cycle. I was there, talking to Hector Carrasco, who has since been designated for assignment.

Atlanta Braves history.

On cue, Chipper's two homeruns tonight give him the all-time Atlanta Braves record for homeruns, with 372.

Safe to say, Hank Aaron still has the Braves' franchise record.....

Archived