New Rice helmet for 2007?

Derby

If this is real, I have 2 questions:

Is that black? If not, that's the darkest navy I've ever seen.

Is the ® really necessary?

It looks dark navy to me, a lot like the very dark Texans helmet. If this is real bravo with the success of the baseball team since changing to this font the old english "R" is what everyone identifies Rice with around here.

Oh, I am hoping this isn't just a mock-up. Rice has great baseball uniforms (except for the BP jerseys they wore in an actual CWS game this year... yeesh), and they could have great football uniforms as well, but the helomet logo never looked very good. The blackletter R would work perfectly; I am actually surprised they hadn't done this sooner.

Between Rice's possible change and A&M's very tasteful update, hats off to Texas schools for coming up with new looks that are solid, tasteful, and that work well!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I always thought Rice used a deep purple color. Or maybe I'm just imagining things.... or maybe I'm high on LSD.

RiceU_ATH_9999_SOL.jpg

(I've got to get all of my collegiate color sets up!)

I love it - classic looking. I do love the Owl on the silver helmet, this is just so much more classier looking.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Oh, I am hoping this isn't just a mock-up. Rice has great baseball uniforms (except for the BP jerseys they wore in an actual CWS game this year... yeesh), and they could have great football uniforms as well, but the helomet logo never looked very good. The blackletter R would work perfectly; I am actually surprised they hadn't done this sooner.

Between Rice's possible change and A&M's very tasteful update, hats off to Texas schools for coming up with new looks that are solid, tasteful, and that work well!

The navy jersey set that Rice wears isn't the BP jersey, it's their alt. jersey set. They don't have BP jerseys.

They wear those navy jerseys with the with shoulder stripes fairly regularly, more often than they wear the grey road tops.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I always thought Rice used a deep purple color. Or maybe I'm just imagining things.... or maybe I'm high on LSD.

RiceU_ATH_9999_SOL.jpg

(I've got to get all of my collegiate color sets up!)

The yellow isn't in the logo only, I think they have a yellow outline on their numbers. If I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, the helmet is ok, but I prefer the wings IMO. This just seems too plain and I think it needs some yellow in there.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Is the ® really necessary?

Since it's a mini helmet and he's making money off a logo that isn't his, yes. He has to get their permission and put the ® on. It won't be on the real helmet.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

The yellow isn't in the logo only, I think they have a yellow outline on their numbers. If I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, the helmet is ok, but I prefer the wings IMO. This just seems too plain and I think it needs some yellow in there.

When was the last time they had the wings? I could've sworn that last year, they had the owl coming head-on at the viewer with the "R" (on a shield?) in its talons. That in itself was a downgrade from the wings.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived