Team USA Football Uniforms

Patriot54

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mighty fine, mighty fine.

95_1.jpg95_2.jpg

The United States advanced to the final!

The United States scored three rushing touchdowns and Rob Rodriguez recorded two blocked punts as the American defeated Germany 33-7 on Thursday at Kawasaki Stadium in Pool 2 action of the third IFAF World Championship.

The United States also scored on a safety, a 21-yard field goal and an interception return touchdown by cornerback Diezeas Calbert in the game.

The United States finished the group stage with a 2-0 record and won the Pool 2, advance to the final with Pool 1 winner on Sunday at Todoroki Track and Field Stadium.

Germany was 1-1 and plays Pool 1 second-place team for third place of the World Championship on Saturday at Kawasaki Stadium.

And thier opponent?

93_1.jpg93_2.jpg

Japan faces USA in the Final!!

Japan made the final with the United States for the world title of American football as the host country blanked Sweden 48-0 on Thursday at Kawasaki Stadium.

Japan finished the group stage with a 2-0 record to win Pool 1 while Sweden was 1-1 for second place, advancing to the third-place playoff against Germany on Saturday. Japan marked the second straight shutout victory and stayed the only team in the third IFAF World Championship that has yet to give up a point.

Japan scored on four rushing touchdowns, a field goal, a punt return touchdown, a safety and a 22-yard passing touchdown to beat Sweden.

The final is scheduled for 3 p.m. on Sunday at Todoroki Track and Field Stadium. The third-place playoff kicks off at 7 p.m. on Saturday at Kawasaki Stadium.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I happen to think this is all wicked cool. I love the passion and patriotism of World Cup soccer, but I love football more as a sport. It's damn near impossible for this competition to reach World Cup heights, but one can dream.

On a side note, does anyone know if and where you can buy a US jersey? I'd love to rock a USA national football team jersey.

If we lose this...all hope will be lost for USA sports.

Nice unis. Not spectacular, but at least theyre not terrible.

Yeah...They look decent. It would be pretty bad if we had lost this one...I can understand the World Baseball Classic, but not basketball...and definitely not with american football...

23-20 in double OT is too close!

Final Standing:

1. USA

2. Japan

3. Germany

4. Sweden

5. Korea

6. France

111_1.jpg111_2.jpg

TEAM USA GOES HOME GOLD!!

Placement kicker/ punter Cragi Coffin nailed a 23-yard field goal in overtime tie-breaker as the United States grabbed its first title in its first appearance in the Final of the 3rd IFAF World Championships with the 23-20 victory over the host and two-time defending champion Japan on Sunday afternoon at Todoroki Stadium.

Running back Kyle Kasperbauer ran for 54yards and two touchdowns and was named the tournament's Most Valuable Player.

108_1.jpg108_2.jpg

GERMANY REINS IN THE BRONZE!

With the Typhoon approaching the Kawasaki area, both teams had struggled moving the ball playing in the heavy rain.

Marcel Duft returned a Sweden punt for 85 yards for a touchdown, guiding Germany to a 7-0 victory over Sweden on Saturday at Kawasaki Stadium in the third-place playoff of the third IFAF World Championship.

With the win, Germany earned the bronze medal while Sweden finished in fourth place.

105_1.jpg105_2.jpg

KOREA SHOCKS FRANCE!

Choi Kyung Ho kicked a 29-yard field goal with 2:09 remaining in the game, leading Korea to a 3-0 victory over France on Saturday at Kawasaki Stadium.

Korea notched its first victory at the third IFAF World Championship and ranked 5th. It was also the second ever victory for Korea national team in an international competition, following to a win over Australia last January.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Final Standing:

1. USA

2. Japan

3. Germany

What do you know 2 countries the US occupied after WWII. I guess that really isn't a coincidence though when you consider that is probably how American football was introduced there.

111_2.jpg

"I won the World Cup of American Football, and all I got was this lousy oversized pepper mill."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Final Standing:

1. USA

2. Japan

3. Germany

What do you know 2 countries the US occupied after WWII. I guess that really isn't a coincidence though when you consider that is probably how American football was introduced there.

The US, Japan, and Germany are also the world's 3 largest economies, in that order. Football still has a long way to go before it could be taken seriously as a global sport.

Well, that's related to post-war occupation as well.

Anyway.... How the hell is Japan able to nearly beat the US in football?!

You'd think a decent high school team from Texas would be able to beat the best national team Japan could put together. Are the players actually Americans stationed at Okinawa or something? Is the offensive line made up of an impenetrable group of sumo wrestlers? What's going on?

Eh,that's what I meant! :D

Anyway, does the US have names on the backs, or do they have the country name on the back like the rest of the teams? I'm assuming all the teams do, but I don't know.

And seriously, what is up with that trophy, it's just ugly. What is it supposed to represent?

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Well, that's related to post-war occupation as well.

Anyway.... How the hell is Japan able to nearly beat the US in football?!

You'd think a decent high school team from Texas would be able to beat the best national team Japan could put together. Are the players actually Americans stationed at Okinawa or something? Is the offensive line made up of an impenetrable group of sumo wrestlers? What's going on?

Japan's been playing football since the 70's, and while it may not be a very popular sport it has very dedicated supporters and a professional league. As for being Americans stationed at Okinawa I highly doubt that with this kind of roster: http://wc2007.info/teams/index_ec.html And if you notice most of them come from professional teams. Granted their league is nowhere near the level of the NFL, or even NCAA Division I, but the fact still stands that our team consisted of 7th round draft picks and future AFL all stars (no offense to arena football).

Still I commend the Japanese on being tenacious and taking the American team to double overtime. Football's on it's way to becoming a real international sport. People outside of America actually give a crap about it!

Quest2copy.pngnflseattlelr4.png

fifaunitedstateschampsnc4.pngTottenhamHotspur.png

Yeah, american football's really popular in Japan. And it's cool to see the reach of the sport outside of America. Maybe, just maybe, this will be an olympic sport in my lifetime.

Glad that America made it out in the end and that we actually had to fight for it. I'm amazed that Rock-Paper-Scissors tournaments can be shown on ESPN2, but America's first entry into the world's only international football tournament barely gets a blip? A grave mistake on their part.

Hopefully by 2011, the public will throw more support their way.

GR30a5H.png

Archived