Sabres 04-05

Notch Novelty

Spoke to a guy at sabres and apparently the Sabres jersey, logo, and colors have been selected for next season. Couldn't give me the best of details but the Sabres will be the Blue/Gold boys next year. The colors will be Blue, Gold, White and oh yes, Black.  The logo will be similar to 3rd with Buffalo above the swords.  All this info provided is hush hush.

And no, JS whatever designs of cenisius designs, you know the the web site with Sabre stuff, wasn't selected and they went with someone else which was perviously mentioned by myself.

Black??? Seems too Mets Baseball to me. Just excuse to toss black in for some reason.

I may be in the minority here--but I prefer their current uniforms--before they announce the change to the current design, the Sabres were my choice of team most in need of a uniform redesign (My current choice is Nashville)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I'm gonna miss the road jerseys (white jerseys), I always thought that those were a great ones.  

If anything, I think it was such a radical change and to go with the en vogue colors or red, black, and silver and keep any kind of tradition is what eventually killed this idea. I wonder if there will be more changes with the darks at home, white on the road requirement?

4 posts to 1000...and a super suprise!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I may be in the minority here--but I prefer their current uniforms--before they announce the change to the current design, the Sabres were my choice of team most in need of a uniform redesign (My current choice is Nashville)

yes, you are in the minority.....the sabres blue and gold scheme was purely classic.

Seems like the timing would be right to go to blue and gold if the Preds are moving.

The Preds are moving?

And back on topic - I liked the blue and gold Sabres uni's but then again my NHL tastes are frozen in a time span from 1967-1979.

If the Sabres are going back to using actual SABRES in their logo as opposed to a Buffalo head (we know what city it is!) I'm all for it! Blue nad Gold? sounds good to me. I'm tired as anyone at seeing their current ones. It's nice that a Buffalo head is used as a crest, but the team nickname is SABRES, not BUFFALOS...

Winnipeg is in another thread.

Getting back on topic...

I can't wait. Yes, the switch to red & black was a crime, although I really like the alt logo that eventually came out of it. If what you say is true, they'll finally get around to doing what they should have from the start, updating a classic look rather than changing it.

Now if only a certain other Buffalo franchise would right its wrongs, we'd be set.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

please, please no black for blacks sake. What's wrong with just good 'ol blue and gold?! I'm sure the reason is that it adds

a very sellable color at retail without going off the team colors.

I'm really torn on this topic. I'd love to see the old unis came back as they were. But I'd also like to see minor updates to them, 3rd logo on the front, a darker royal blue and use the buffalo head on the shoulders.

I can't wait. Yes, the switch to red & black was a crime, although I really like the alt logo that eventually came out of it.

I agree, that logo looks great, but those uniforms so should have been blue. I love red uniforms, but for the Sabres, it just doesn't work, even if it is the tertery colour in their current scheme

Archived