The start of a series...

cappital92

I'll also say this: for the more seasoned vets, I believe most of you (us???) do not hop on here with an agenda to seek out all sloppy or otherwise "unprofessional" work (although I am also not naive as to think there aren't a few bad apples out the bunch). And I'll close with this: constructive criticism deals with the work, not the particular individual. I believe if it was kept to that, then maybe there'd be a lil' less quabbling going on and many fewer personal vendettas (of which, if they must be acted upon, can be taken care of via PM or outside e-mail or what have you). And to the more "sensitive" types, I'll say this: not everyone is going to agree with presented concepts, or at least not all aspects of it. But, if one truly wishes to improve and get better (which I believe is the aim of most if not all concept posters in this community--keyword UNITY), pay real close attention to the more "negative" points of the C&C and use THAT as motivation to get better...and use the "positive" points as building blocks, since you'll know what you are good at or have improved upon. It'll take time, but keep at it.

That said, I'll now get off my soapbox and back to reading and viewing. Thank you.

Pretty much what I was going to post.

There seems to be a lot more anger going around these boards, and all of the people involved are guilty. I'm going to mention some names here... Like bucco said, it's not Patsox, it's McCall too. Constructive critisism is the key word. Everybody needs to take the chill pill, come on and release the peace!

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

come on and release the peace!

Make love, not war!... on second thought, most of us are gusy here so...uh...just dont make war...

Anyways, on that note I present some c&c of my own.

These concepts are ok. Not much you can do with a baseball jersey to begin wiht, os, its not your fault on that. But they still do look alittle plain. And very similar to one-another. Also, grey socks on grey pants is a no-no. I think you need to rethink these and redo them. They need more pizazz.

oBIgzrL.png

5. Piping at the neck and sleeve trim ought to match. See green arrow.

Or am I wrong, and that's supposed to be black neck piping with orange sleeve trim? There is no good reason why such a contrasting-trim jersey couldn't work in principle, though if that's what's going on here I'm not sure I would like it in this instance.

I viewed it as black around the neck, orange (only) at the sleeve hem. The black at the edge of the sleeve is the same thickness all the way around the contour of the jersey, and did not appear to stand out to suggest there was black trim. And I am not saying it's an ironclad rule; it's just my opinion - and 'Wonk is correct, many teams look fine with unbalanced designs. In this case, however, the way he set up his piping does not look very attractive. It would be better, in my opinion, to establish one color as dominant to the other, and go from there. Orange in some spots, black in others, looks amiss.

And chestnutz - no, no, a thousand times no. Sloppiness has nothing to do with the program you use. I'm pretty good at using MSPaint, but I'd suck at a high-end program that I've never used before. You can make beautiful concepts in any program, just as you can make sloppy concepts in any program. And sloppiness is NOT all right. Any person seeking objective critique of their work should make their work as presentable as possible, which he did not. Several people called him on it. It's like handing an essay to your teacher riddled with spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes - if the reader can't overlook your inattention to detail to the point where you can't be understood easily, then the content you present is lost trying to decipher what the hell you're trying to say. Anything you submit should be as clean as it can be, as it is a reflection of your skill and yourself. This isn't, not by a longshot. Everything I pointed out can be cleaned up. Once it is cleaned up, his concept can be viewed on its own merits. But presentation matters, and if you're going to throw sloppy work up for the world to see, you're going to be called on it. Every time, in any line of work.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived