Dressed To The Nines...gone

timmy b

baseball fans,

i was tipped off on this over on the uniwatch blog, but it is true.

the incredible "dressed to the nines" mlb uniform database, covering every team's uniform for every season since 1900 is no longer.

"The page no longer exists" is stated where it should be.

By that, i am lead to believe that the removal is NOT temporary, but permanent.

in the spirit of today (july 4th), this news makes me explode :cursing:

thoughts?

That's great, but the closeup views of the uniforms seem to be gone.... :(

gothamite,

i think the whole site is undergoing a total overhaul. i'd say give it a few days/a week. if the enlargement link doesn't work after that, then it's time for panic mode.

Oh, I'm not panicking. Paul Lukas is pretty confident that it'll be back, and that's good enough for me. I was just pointing out that the link above, which looked so promising, has its limits.

It sure would be nice if it came back with more than just the standard home white and road greys. They are really falling behind every year they don't document all the colorful alternates that have been worn since Marc Okkenen's book came out.

Probably too much to hope for...

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

It sure would be nice if it came back with more than just the standard home white and road greys. They are really falling behind every year they don't document all the colorful alternates that have been worn since Marc Okkenen's book came out.

I think Okkonen dropped the ball himself because he didn't include several alts when he could have, and by not putting out an update to include up to the end of the century.

sig1.gif

Here's the new address for the Dressed to the Nines exhibit.

Time to update those bookmarks boys.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

B)-->

QUOTE(timmy b @ Wednesday, July 4th, 2007 - 17:11:37)

per a kind contributor on the uniwatch blog, this is the revised website:

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dre...nines/index.htm

whew!!

now, let's get one for pro football, the nba/aba/nbl, the bundeslig and npb (japanese baseball) and all will be right with the world!!

I have a link around here somewhere for a football site going back to the 60s or so. I don't think it was ever complete, but pretty thorough.

201222154_0f633bbfdb_o.png

Archived