Toronto Blue Jays Concept

patsox

And round and round it goes. Patsox posts crap, people eventually break down and give him VERY thorough, mature adult criticism, and he comes back with promises to never do it again. Then he does it again.

We all need a 12-step program. This isn't healthy.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And round and round it goes. Patsox posts crap, people eventually break down and give him VERY thorough, mature adult criticism, and he comes back with promises to never do it again. Then he does it again.

:P

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

::stands up::

Hi, everyone. My name is Dan and I'm a recovering Patsoxaholic.

("Hi, Dan!")

Yeah, hi. Um, look, I tried to give him some veteran leadership, y'know? I figured that, since I've been churning out some likable concepts for a few years, I thought I could give the kid a hand, right? Well...god, I can't do this...

::Counselor pats Dan on the back::

...I...damn it, he took my good faith and he pissed all over it! Gitlin and the others told me not to trust him, but I did! I DID!

::Breaks down crying...composes himself::

I...I just want to say from now until the day I die...I do NOT need you, Patsox! I don't need you or your concepts! I thought I couldn't live without helping to improve them but I can, and damn it, I WILL!

::Falls to the ground and tears apart a printed copy of a Patsox concept::

...Oscar-worthy?

Question for you sir...

Don't take this the wrong way, but what was your reasoning for placing the mapleleaf over the existing logo? If it was to add the red in a more appropriate way, I don't think partially obscuring the main logo was the right way to do it.

Would be interested in your comments

WHY!? Why in the world would you put the maple leaf in there, everyone knows we are Canadian, and we don't need another "KICK ME" sign on the Jays' back. The red doesn't work, it only works once a year, on Canda Day. And you have changed the hat back to circa 1980's. Works the design the way it was meant to be, White, Blue and Black. I posted this before but I guess it didn't get heard: They're the BLUE Jays not the Blue but with a tad of red for effect Jays...

Dude, basically, just drop the red. You added the Maple Leaf for the sake of keeping red in your concept, but it looks terrible on the logo. It just looks like you copy and pasted a maple leaf onto the Blue Jays logo. You wanted red, so you added a maple leaf, and then took the whole concept of red out of your concept totally!

Just start over from stratch and give it another go.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Seriously....all critisms aside.

I'm from the Toronto area and as a Jay's fan i'll say this; the special edition red Canada day jerseys they do are cool, but we don't need red on the regular.

Truth is that logo we had in 2003 (the bird wrapped around the red "T") was the ugliest thing ever.

What i'd like to see is a little bit more originality from the uniforms....they are really boreing right now. Maybe pin striping or blue buttons or SOMETHING!!

All I was trying to do was spruce up the uniforms and add some flair and originality, but I guess I failed.

Bringing back the red from the 90's style unis makes no sense. The red was used for the maple leaf and the stiches on the baseball, neither of these appear on their new logo so they make no sense! Blue jays are blue! Adding the leaf was a nice attempt, but it seems way out of place and just slapped on there. Good try, poor execution. Take more time and clean things up more before you post them. I'm sick of hearing about Paint and it's limitations or how it's hard to make things clean. Take a little more time and effort and you can make things look really nice. The other option is getting a different program! You said you try Inkscape, work at that and develop your skills!

C- for execution, B+ for effort and idea, B- overall.

Maybe we should start a children's section of the board where we can post immature C&C! Your concept looks like poop so :censored: you!

How is this for a reworking of the Red? I added a maple leaf, and lessened the Red altogether.

TorontoBlueJaysConceptv2-3.png

C&C Welcome and Appreciated.

Now he has a pretty flower in his ear. That helps. ^_^

That's exactly what I was thinking! :lol:

Anyways. Why don't we just stop bashing (although it is fun...) patsox's every single concept and give him what he wants to hear (even though its absolutely garbage)?

Like...

"OMFG YOUR CONCEPT IS SOO GOOD YOURE A VERY GOOD DESIGNER PATSOX KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! OMFG YOURE A GENIUS!!! HOW COME I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT!!!!"

Because as well know, he thinks his concepts are perfect anyways, so what exactly is the point of constructive criticism? Once everyone points out every single flaw, he argues it and thinks everyone is hating on him.

It's totally hopeless.

Wade-sig.png

::stands up::

Hi, everyone. My name is Dan and I'm a recovering Patsoxaholic.

("Hi, Dan!")

Yeah, hi. Um, look, I tried to give him some veteran leadership, y'know? I figured that, since I've been churning out some likable concepts for a few years, I thought I could give the kid a hand, right? Well...god, I can't do this...

::Counselor pats Dan on the back::

...I...damn it, he took my good faith and he pissed all over it! Gitlin and the others told me not to trust him, but I did! I DID!

::Breaks down crying...composes himself::

I...I just want to say from now until the day I die...I do NOT need you, Patsox! I don't need you or your concepts! I thought I couldn't live without helping to improve them but I can, and damn it, I WILL!

::Falls to the ground and tears apart a printed copy of a Patsox concept::

...Oscar-worthy?

Somebody get Fred and his ribbon over here.

----------------------------------------------------

On the latest concept...

If the maple leaf on the bird's head is more than "once a season", it doesn't work.

I'm not feeling the blue outline of the primary.

Also...patsox, while I admit what you do is better than what I could come up with right now, I would mention that that is because I do not practice or hone my craft or get advice on how to improve. What's your excuse?

And, if you want only praise, might I suggest visiting www.superhappyfuntime.com

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't want "only praise". I just want objective criticism.

You say that, but when you recieve it, you immediately throw a hissy fit and wonder why everyone hates you.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wait ... so in order to justify the red, you pasted a random maple leaf on, and then eliminated the red? That's certainly, um, random.

Anyway, why would you add a maple leaf here? Do you think people don't know that Toronto is a Canadian city? Or do you not think Canadians know that the Blue Jays are Canada's only MLB team? Are you of the opinion that Canadians need to see a maple leaf before they can fully embrace any product? Like, if only Preston Manning had spelled his name with a maple leaf instead of an "a" he'd have been prime minister? (And if you don't know who Preston Manning is, then you just might not have the basic background cultural knowledge you would need to succeed at rebranding a Toronto team to appeal to Canadians in the west, if that's your aim here.)

I just don't see the necessity of playing up the team's Canada-ness here, nor do I see firing a shotgun filled with little maple leafs at your concept as a particularly effective way to play up the team's Canada-ness.

In order to help you get a better sense of Canada and its people's sense of national identity, I reprint here a helpful story from the Onion:

Perky 'Canada' Has Own Government, Laws

It's Monday morning, and Toronto resident Steve Dorman shares a quick breakfast of "eggs" (a native food) with his "wife" (an officially state-sanctioned mate), and discusses yesterday's poor showing by the hometown team in "baseball" (a popular local sport). After a kiss on his wife's cheek, he hops on the "subway train" (a mode of subterranean transport) to the office.

This is life in exotic Canada City, the capital set deep in the heart of the mysterious land known as Canada (pronounced CAN-a-da).

Like his estimated 35,000 fellow countrymen, Dorman is proud to be a "Canadian." Located 120 miles north of Buffalo, NY, Canada is, according to Dorman, "a nation with a government and laws distinct from those of the United States." It also has a military, a system of taxation, and periodic free elections to select political leaders. It even has its own currency, says Dorman, various denominations of "dollars" that can be exchanged for the many products manufactured in Canada, including Canadian bacon and ice.

Canada City, Canada's largest conununity, is located in a place called a "province," a subdivision not unlike the cantons of Switzerland. There are 10 Canadian provinces in all, from Nova Scotia in the east to British Columbia in the west. And, much like America's states, nearly every one of the provinces has its own capital. But make no mistake--there's nothing provincial about these provinces. Canada has both feet planted firmly in the 20th century.

"In fact, Canadians enjoy advancements such as refrigerated food, zippers and printing," notes Dorman, an "accountant" who goes to work wearing the comfortable trousers, dress shirt and necktie that form a traditional Canadian costume, "Our industries are large and varied, ranging from logging to automobile manufacturing."

Not too shabby for a nation that just 240 years ago had no electricity.

Did You Know...

... that Canada is known as the "Maple Leaf State"?

... that in Canadian Units, Canada is actually a larger land mass than the U.S.?

... that murder is illegal in Canada?

... that the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) also mentions Canada in several clauses?

... that Canadians have evolved with a fully functioning pancreas?

20082614447.png

Wait ... so in order to justify the red, you pasted a random maple leaf on, and then eliminated the red? That's certainly, um, random.

Anyway, why would you add a maple leaf here? Do you think people don't know that Toronto is a Canadian city? Or do you not think Canadians know that the Blue Jays are Canada's only MLB team? Are you of the opinion that Canadians need to see a maple leaf before they can fully embrace any product? Like, if only Preston Manning had spelled his name with a maple leaf instead of an "a" he'd have been prime minister? (And if you don't know who Preston Manning is, then you just might not have the basic background cultural knowledge you would need to succeed at rebranding a Toronto team to appeal to Canadians in the west, if that's your aim here.)

I just don't see the necessity of playing up the team's Canada-ness here, nor do I see firing a shotgun filled with little maple leafs at your concept as a particularly effective way to play up the team's Canada-ness.

In order to help you get a better sense of Canada and its people's sense of national identity, I reprint here a helpful story from the Onion:

Perky 'Canada' Has Own Government, Laws

It's Monday morning, and Toronto resident Steve Dorman shares a quick breakfast of "eggs" (a native food) with his "wife" (an officially state-sanctioned mate), and discusses yesterday's poor showing by the hometown team in "baseball" (a popular local sport). After a kiss on his wife's cheek, he hops on the "subway train" (a mode of subterranean transport) to the office.

This is life in exotic Canada City, the capital set deep in the heart of the mysterious land known as Canada (pronounced CAN-a-da).

Like his estimated 35,000 fellow countrymen, Dorman is proud to be a "Canadian." Located 120 miles north of Buffalo, NY, Canada is, according to Dorman, "a nation with a government and laws distinct from those of the United States." It also has a military, a system of taxation, and periodic free elections to select political leaders. It even has its own currency, says Dorman, various denominations of "dollars" that can be exchanged for the many products manufactured in Canada, including Canadian bacon and ice.

Canada City, Canada's largest conununity, is located in a place called a "province," a subdivision not unlike the cantons of Switzerland. There are 10 Canadian provinces in all, from Nova Scotia in the east to British Columbia in the west. And, much like America's states, nearly every one of the provinces has its own capital. But make no mistake--there's nothing provincial about these provinces. Canada has both feet planted firmly in the 20th century.

"In fact, Canadians enjoy advancements such as refrigerated food, zippers and printing," notes Dorman, an "accountant" who goes to work wearing the comfortable trousers, dress shirt and necktie that form a traditional Canadian costume, "Our industries are large and varied, ranging from logging to automobile manufacturing."

Not too shabby for a nation that just 240 years ago had no electricity.

Did You Know...

... that Canada is known as the "Maple Leaf State"?

... that in Canadian Units, Canada is actually a larger land mass than the U.S.?

... that murder is illegal in Canada?

... that the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) also mentions Canada in several clauses?

... that Canadians have evolved with a fully functioning pancreas?

I wanted to make it more of an accent color.

Given you second go around, it's 10x better than the first version. It's much cleaner and the color scheme blends together much better. Although I'm not sure about the maple leaf. It was there in previous versions of the logo, but I'm not sure if it's really necessary.

Overall, this is a tremendous improvement so you get a gold star. (**)

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

If I may say it...

Forget the red......leave the logo alone even. Try to work more blue into the uniforms.....

I think that's what Jay's fans really want.

I know i'm only 1 Jay's fan....but i'm completely baffled as to why they don't have a blue jersey!

Archived