The D-League May Have Lost It

deezy

This the logo for the new D-League team in Ft. Wayne...

nba_dleague_hdr_fortwayne.jpg

Are they kidding?? :shocked: That may be the best team name ever...

Also I saw this and thought it looked very familiar...

IA_energy_logo.jpg

Suns much?

tumblr_liile3w9oT1qdgbiwo1_400.png

In fairness, the original topic was posted as "Mat Antz." Had he searched for "Mad Ants," he wouldn't have found it.

Let this be a lesson to all of you who post cute, non-descriptive topic titles. This is what we get -- patsox being patsox.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well, it's not a bad logo, it could have a red white and blue coloured basketball in it.

that'd be the ABA, not the d-league

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

In fairness, the original topic was posted as "Mat Antz." Had he searched for "Mad Ants," he wouldn't have found it.

That's exactly what happened... sorry about bringing up a topic already covered... my bad...

tumblr_liile3w9oT1qdgbiwo1_400.png

Well, it's not a bad logo, it could have a red white and blue coloured basketball in it.

that'd be the ABA, not the d-league

I think that was his point...everything the ABA makes is worse. (Although these team names are making me reconsider my desire for Peoria to get a D-League team.)

Question, though...

What happened to calling Fort Wayne the "Fury" like they were rumored to be doing? (And what did the poor people of Fort Wayne do to deserve two horribly named teams with awful identities like the Fusion and Mad Ants)

Shoot...

What the :censored: is a "Mad Ant" and is this some obscure hip hop reference that I don't get?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Let this be a lesson to all of you who post cute, non-descriptive topic titles. This is what we get -- patsox being patsox.

Ahma gon' sick patsox on all y'all.

:D

I don't know why that sounds so funny, but it just is.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

What happened to calling Fort Wayne the "Fury" like they were rumored to be doing? (And what did the poor people of Fort Wayne do to deserve two horribly named teams with awful identities like the Fusion and Mad Ants)

"Mad Ants" is so much better than "Fury" it isn't funny. Abstract concepts make for lousy nicknames.

It's a play on the city's namesake, Revolutionary War general "Mad Anthony" Wayne.

"Mad Ants" is so much better than "Fury" it isn't funny. Abstract concepts make for lousy nicknames.

It's a play on the city's namesake, General "Mad Anthony" Wayne.

So why does it look like a logo for SimAnt II instead? ^_^

Fort Wayne Fury does roll off the tongue well, though...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Fort Wayne Fury does roll off the tongue well, though...

I wonder if the CBA still owns the rights to that name...when the CBA was "re-formed" after Isiah's annihilation, there was supposed to be a new "Fury" team to take the place of the old, inactive one.

THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN COVERED

Far be it for you to get on someone's case for doing something annoying on a message board.

ban_him.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Are the Iowa Energy affiliated with the Suns? That may be why it has resemblances. Personally I think the logo sucks.

Nope.

Bulls & Heat.

logo = :wacko:

My season tix are sweet, I just won't be buying any merch with that tripe on it. 'Specially with the Iowa Stars awesome awesomeness.

Archived