NHL 07/08 Logos #2

Korbyn

Blues jerseys will have vertical striping on the side panels per a Blues VP. They are waiting for RBK for the reveal per Blues owner Dave Checketts on a radio interview Thursday. He said he didn't know the exact date but thought it would be in the next few weeks. He said he, John Davidson and the rest of the brass saw them a few months ago and they all liked them very much. No drastic changes, but sleeker looking.

He also said, "If anyone thinks we are going to do anything with the Bluenote on the front of the jersey, they are wrong."

To listen to the interview with Dave Checketts:

Go to http://1380espn.com/01_07/audio_vault.htm

Click on Bernie & Randy under Thursday 7/05/07

Once your player opens, scroll forward to around the 1 hour 44 minute mark. The interview starts after the sports update.

Side note - Every time Bernie was going to interview someone from the Blues, me and several others would post on his forum to ask about the new jerseys. He mentions the requests in the interview. I guess sometimes it pays to be persistent. ^_^

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the Panthers website, at the 3rd Cats Cookout on 7/9 (Monday), new Panthers Tomas Vokoun and center Brett McLean will "sport a Panthers logo on their chest starting this fall."

http://panthers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...rticleid=327092

EDIT:

Alright - false alarm, just read this again and realized it doesn't say what I thought it did... Sorry...

They obviously overlooked the clause in the contract that mandated the tattoo... :D

Just a heads-up on a picture of Roberto Luongo in NHL08, notice the mask and the logo on the side, they said that they had every new jersey in the game but had to wait for their official release. Which means that they had time to create a mask for Luongo using the new logo and colors.

I'M guessing the logo might look like the one on the side of his mask

nhl-08-20070706044907861.jpg

Just got this from the Canucks Website:

http://canucks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=p...ge&id=12896

1997-2007 The most recent Canuck jersey features a stylized killer whale breaking through the ice, a symbolic emblem of "where we're from". It was locally designed by Brent Lynch. In the late 1990s a new "third" jersey was utilized, with contrasting shoulder patches and a blue-to-maroon graduated color in the body.

Kind of interesting that they've got the "death" date of the orca jersey already on their website when they have not yet revealed their new jersey...

Just a heads-up on a picture of Roberto Luongo in NHL08, notice the mask and the logo on the side, they said that they had every new jersey in the game but had to wait for their official release. Which means that they had time to create a mask for Luongo using the new logo and colors.

nhl-08-20070706044907861.jpg

If thats how they were going to do it, then his pads would be the new colours; green, blue and white, and not the current dark blue, red and silver combo. Nice thought, but it wont be the logo on the side of the mask because it isn't even really recoloured.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

If thats how they were going to do it, then his pads would be the new colours; green, blue and white, and not the current dark blue, red and silver combo. Nice thought, but it wont be the logo on the side of the mask because it isn't even really recoloured.

They proved in NHL07 that the game engine was easily able to recolor pads automatically so I'll go ahead and say that when Vancouver unveils their new jerseys they'll just have to change the old color that were programmed in for Vancouver with the new one...

Anyway we'll see but what I'm saying is changing color to a goalie equipment is far easier than changing an entire mask graphic.

I sure damn hope it's not just a recolour of the Orca.

That mask is the same as Luongo's one he wears with his Vintage jersey. I dont think it is anything to special.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

If you are such a big Luongo fan, then you should know that he wears that with the vintage blue/green. EA Sports just screwed that up

That mask is the same as Luongo's one he wears with his Vintage jersey. I dont think it is anything to special.

No its not. He has a slighty more golden tint to his helmet, and Johnny Canuck is on the side, not the Orca.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

No its not. He has a slighty more golden tint to his helmet, and Johnny Canuck is on the side, not the Orca.

True. I believe his helmet also has the number 1 on the chin area wheras this has a V.

zzPEfBm.png

Wrong, that mask reveals nothing but the EA people actually putting in his nice vintage mask to wear with the vintage jerseys during the season. The thing they screwed up on was that they made that mask his only mask instead of giving him his normal blue one.

Or the fact that that mask was for the vintage jerseys and we are going back to vintage colours.

Thank god the orca is dead, did not unite any bc fans other than lame kids that thought it was cool without knowing it was a corporate piece of crap.

even worse is the fact that the Penguins jersey goes unchanged, how can that be? That striping fits with the new jersey style? Or is EA that stupid?

I'll go with EA is just that stupid.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

even worse is the fact that the Penguins jersey goes unchanged, how can that be? That striping fits with the new jersey style? Or is EA that stupid?

I'll go with EA is just that stupid.

What are you talking about? The Pens jersey is the same in the screenshot because they haven't unveiled it yet! Until then, EA can only show their current one in shots.

Or maybe you're just that stupid. :therock:

O yah your right.

luongo_vintage.jpg

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived