NHL 07/08 Logos #2

Korbyn

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I can remember, EA doesn't make the goalie masks exact. I mean, they generally make them as close as possible, but they're never dead on.

some are dead on, like DiPietro

If they were smart they would have.

Nail, meet head. :D

Exactly. We are talking about the people who think being on Versus instead of ESPN is a good idea.

Marketing is not their strong suit. Though at least last year's set of ads was much better than the whole "Art of War" thing they had going on coming out of the lock out. Imagine, actually putting NHL players in the ads promoting the game!

Its not like they chose Versus over ESPN, Versus was the only company willing to pay to broadcast.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

"Smart" and "Gary Bettman's NHL" don't go that well together.

I doubt that all the teams had there jerseys ready at the entry draft.

Actually I think they all did. EA has said that they have all of the new designs in NHL 08, so I would assume all the designs have been finalized.

even worse is the fact that the Penguins jersey goes unchanged, how can that be? That striping fits with the new jersey style? Or is EA that stupid?

I'll go with EA is just that stupid.

What are you talking about? The Pens jersey is the same in the screenshot because they haven't unveiled it yet! Until then, EA can only show their current one in shots.

Or maybe you're just that stupid. :therock:

Maybe you're just that stupid, when did the Hurricanes unveil theirs to the public? Or did they contact EA to do that for them? :rolleyes:

So basically, there cheap.

O well, I love playing that game, plus I read somewhere on here that NHL08 will have the AHL in it.

Is that true?

What do you mean cheap? Contacting EVERY SINGLE mask designer and company and asking permission to use their mask for EVERY SINGLE goalie in the NHL is a PAIN IN THE ASS. It's just not worth it, especially since plenty of goalies change teams every year and change masks as a result. It's like rink ads; it's just not worth trying to get every single ad license, both financially and within the time constraints.

And yes, 08 will have the AHL in it.

Like that one year when they had a gallery of goaltender masks in the game? i think NHL 98 or something, not sure what year exactly but they did go that route. If the players are apart of the NHL & NHLPA and the EA NHL series makers have the rights to both to make the game, they can go and get the mask images and get it done if they wanted to.

But in recent years, they've made it so they left a lot up to people that make add-ons to do, they never have everything as updated as it should be. The EA people also put a lot more time and effort into the NFL and MLB series than they do with the NHL ones...it's even worse knowing the game is made in Canada and they short change it that much.

They had the "minors" in the last EA NHL game, but you were unable to play as the affiliate, not the way you can in the MLB games.

Who cares what happened with the Hurricanes, I'm talking about the Penguins here. They have not officially unveiled their jerseys, NOR have their jerseys been shown in any of the EA screenshots. Besides, that screenshot doesn't have the NHL shield on the neck, so I don't know why you're calling me stupid for telling you that's not their Edge jersey.

NHL 97 and I think 98 had the masks, but after that, licensing issues came into play, and EA stopped doing that.

I don't see why your "minors" comment is necessary because we were discussing the inclusion of the AHL license and I had already answered the question as to whether it was going to be in 08.

Or maybe you're just that stupid. :blink:

"Smart" and "Gary Bettman's NHL" don't go that well together.

I doubt that all the teams had there jerseys ready at the entry draft.

Actually I think they all did. EA has said that they have all of the new designs in NHL 08, so I would assume all the designs have been finalized.

They might have sent them the design on paper, but probably they don't have the Actual jerseys made.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

As far as I can remember, EA doesn't make the goalie masks exact. I mean, they generally make them as close as possible, but they're never dead on.

some are dead on, like DiPietro

I could be wrong, but wasn't that because of the deal with Itech that thy had in a game or a few games? I believe only the Itech goalies had all the correct stuff.

SEAsig.png

even worse is the fact that the Penguins jersey goes unchanged, how can that be? That striping fits with the new jersey style? Or is EA that stupid?

What are you talking about? The Pens jersey is the same in the screenshot because they haven't unveiled it yet! Until then, EA can only show their current one in shots.

Maybe you're just that stupid, when did the Hurricanes unveil theirs to the public? Or did they contact EA to do that for them? :rolleyes:

O well, I love playing that game, plus I read somewhere on here that NHL08 will have the AHL in it.

Is that true?

What do you mean cheap? Contacting EVERY SINGLE mask designer and company and asking permission to use their mask for EVERY SINGLE goalie in the NHL is a PAIN IN THE ASS. It's just not worth it, especially since plenty of goalies change teams every year and change masks as a result. It's like rink ads; it's just not worth trying to get every single ad license, both financially and within the time constraints.

Like that one year when they had a gallery of goaltender masks in the game? i think NHL 98 or something, not sure what year exactly but they did go that route. If the players are apart of the NHL & NHLPA and the EA NHL series makers have the rights to both to make the game, they can go and get the mask images and get it done if they wanted to.

But in recent years, they've made it so they left a lot up to people that make add-ons to do, they never have everything as updated as it should be. The EA people also put a lot more time and effort into the NFL and MLB series than they do with the NHL ones...it's even worse knowing the game is made in Canada and they short change it that much.

They had the "minors" in the last EA NHL game, but you were unable to play as the affiliate, not the way you can in the MLB games.

Who cares what happened with the Hurricanes, I'm talking about the Penguins here. They have not officially unveiled their jerseys, NOR have their jerseys been shown in any of the EA screenshots. Besides, that screenshot doesn't have the NHL shield on the neck, so I don't know why you're calling me stupid for telling you that's not their Edge jersey.

NHL 97 and I think 98 had the masks, but after that, licensing issues came into play, and EA stopped doing that.

I don't see why your "minors" comment is necessary because we were discussing the inclusion of the AHL license and I had already answered the question as to whether it was going to be in 08.

No, you are just that stupid, i'm not going to repeat myself with re-stating what i had said earlier, so i'm not going to bother dragging this on.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Just FYI, but from what I hear, the Lightning main logo may still have text, it is unknown what the usage of it on the uniforms will be.

WHY WHY WHY!???!?

:cursing:

I don't mind the text. The logo ain't bad because of text, it just depends which text will look good to complement the logo. The problem is that both text fonts didn't match and were both ugly.

See Rangers, Oilers, Leafs, they all have text and look good enough.

I just think with something like a lightning bolt, there's no need for script telling me that the logo is a lightning bolt. it's pretty self explanitory.

plus, it looks cheesy as hell.

i want more blue. more silver. less black. and no script. is that too hard to ask?

SigReflect.png

Is that true?

No, you are just that stupid, i'm not going to repeat myself with re-stating what i had said earlier, so i'm not going to bother dragging this on.

Why am I just that stupid when I'm just that right? After all, I'm not the one who said the Pens jersey was the EDGE jersey when it obviously wasn't. Every single reason I gave in the above posts is why it's not and you continue to think you're the one with the facts straight. Well, newsflash dumbass, you're wrong. Deal.

Archived