Anaheim Ducks Rebranding

GFB

Very Nice work. Very clean and everything but I just dont like it. The "D" logo to me is their new brand. Its simple and effective with a duel purpose; the D for ducks shaped like a webbed foot. Yours is a good brand but in my mind it is not what I think of when I think about the ducks. Its either a duck beak or a webbed foot. Great work...but I just dont like it.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like your other work. Not a big fan of this one however.

The colours look too much like the old Isles fishsticks uniform.

I think if you can find a way to dump the green and incorporate more of the current Duck's colours it would look so much better. Maybe replace the green with a bit of that gold/bronze colour they have now.

Overall that's another fantastic job. However I agree with the person that said the interlocking reads more like RD than AD, just slightly though. I love that third jersey!

Wade-sig.png

Overall, I actually like this, but this isn't as good as your other concepts. Maybe because I think the gold, black and orange is the best color scheme in the NHL, and I don't like teal and orange mixed together. The alt also looks somewhat like the Sharks. I dunno, I like it, but I think it would look better with the gold instead of teal, just my opinion, but well done still.

For the Devils: Keep the black and red, and i'm not really sure how you can modernize the logo.

espnsignq8.png

This whole set has been thorough through and through every concept. The only concept I have a bone to pick with is the Thrashers' set, but it's still a strong concept. This is looking great. I'd honestly send them in to the front offices to give them a reason to re-assess the logo changes they've been making because:

Capitals - mediocre/sub-par (can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve, i live in the DC area

Sabres - horrendous

Ducks - disgusting

The only new sets im impressed by are the current bruins and league, conference, and stanley cup logos.

Keep em coming.

Love your work. This is fantastic, too bad this wasn't there jerseys. Anyways all your concepts have been outstanding imo, I cant wait to see the rest of your nhl concepts ( epically Toronto Maple Leafs ). Great work !

4kv29i.jpg

Good job on the logo, but dark green might look better than teal.

For the Devils: Use red and Black, if you want to tweak/upgrade the logo, I'm sure you can make it look fantastic but keep the changes minimal. I don't see what you can change about the jerseys though.

For the devils would it be a good idea to bring the green back but use it kinda like the blue jackets used the neon green or use it like the maple leafs use silver...just use it as a background color or something like that.

Just a thought if anyone has anything to add.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

youve outdone yourself once again. that logo is spot on what they should be. i do agree with the consensus that the AD doesnt look right. as for the devils, go with red and black but use green as a trim or piping color. i know you can make it blend nicely. i think you can definetly sharpen up the logo. theres just something about it that needs to be modernized. please please please do the Caps next. i cant wait to see what youve got up your sleeve for them.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Anaheim Ducks Logos

Anaheim_Ducks_Logosheet.png

The Ducks won the Stanley Cup in the first year of the black uniforms. To me, the ducks should be teal. My favorite Ducks jersey is the alternate jerseys seen here...

MightyDucks5.gif

But as much as I wanted to make the home jersey teal, I went with a black jersey because of the momentum it is carrying. But with that said, I tried to merge the style of the Mighty Duck era with the current jerseys. I think it turned out really well. The alternate jersey is teal with a Blue Jackets-esk flare.

Anaheim Ducks Uniforms

Anaheim_Ducks_Unisheet.png

There are a couple of things that are bugging me. First of all the secondary "A-D" logo, the "A" kind of looks like a "R". On the main crest, I like it, but I wonder if the sharp angle of the wing fights against the nicely flowing rest of the duck. Did you try it with a curve? Just curious. Overall, I'd give these an A-, and that's just being nit-picky. Your main logo is better than what they have currently both design wise and color wise.

For some reason, it bothers me that the bottom of the crest and the head of the duck are the same color. It kinda makes them flow together, in a strange sort of way.

With that said, it took me forever to find anything I didn't like. These, like all the others before it, are friggin' fantastic.

For the Devils, I'd definitely go with the red and black - I was never a fan of the red and green, and never thought it quite looked right.

Thanks for the C&C folks.

I see what you guys are saying about the A&D. I think I will try to connect the A stem to the lower-right leg (if that makes sense). And if that doesn't look better, I will move the D up, so that it will go through the middle of the A.

I tried the best I could to balance the colors of the shield with the colors of the duck. It was no easy challenge, and after I fought with it for a long time, it came out as what you see now...

More C&C is welcome!

GFB

the logo is nice. did you try the wing with a curved leading edge instead of a sharp point? i think you could add small amounts of gold to this to differentiate it from the sharks and the separate certain elements like the shield and duck. other than that, the colors are spot on. you could try a darker, forest green, but i don't know that it would be as good. i'd still be curious, though. if you have that little wing on the secondary, i think it should be on the wordmark, or if you don't have it on the wordmark, i don't think you should have it on the secondary. basically, pick one and stick with it. the wordmark and secondary look kinda similar, but disjointed enough to look strange when seen together. how about a non-primary logo on the alternate?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Its ok. I'm not a huge fan of the logo personally. I don't really get excited by the colours either. The white ends on the sleeves and jersey bottom dont sit well with me and green and orange next to each other looks too tacky IMO.

The alternate jersey is the best.

This concept is not bad, its just probably your weakest of the 5 u've done so far IMO.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived