Missouri Southern State University-new logo

axl007

Being from around the general area, it's not too far fetched to say MSSU may never be able to come up with a decent logo. But it's way better than the "Green Bay S" they were using. Actually, the one prior to that was an OK logo, but it couldn't work on the football helmet because of the university's insistance that the lion in the shield could ONLY face left. That meant that for a few years, MSSU football had the logo on the left side of the helmet and no logo on the right.

For a short period of time, when the university finally reletned on the policy, there was a time when they tried the lion's head without the shield on the helmet. That was OK and much better than the no-logo-on-the-right-side period.

Yeah, without the shield the old lion's head was almost decent. This is no improvement. What is it with southwest MO? Missouri State has one of the best looking bear head logos out there (IMO) but they choose to spell out Missouri State on their football helmets, which I was hoping would only last for the inaugural season.

CLHEL2.png

It's certainly not the greatest lion I've ever seen, but why on Earth is it rotated at such a sever angle? That's bizzare.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

my sister is a mssu alumn, and liked the old logo. i did a pencil drawing of a new lion (i'll see if i can find it somewhere), i know she'll agree with me when i say that new logo.....BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sms.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, without the shield the old lion's head was almost decent. This is no improvement. What is it with southwest MO? Missouri State has one of the best looking bear head logos out there (IMO) but they choose to spell out Missouri State on their football helmets, which I was hoping would only last for the inaugural season.

Why does Missouri State use the SAME font as Colorado State? It makes me feel like they weren't trying when they came up with their new wordmarks and emblems.

Wow, that is horrible. The perspective looks off. The eye and everything to the right of it make it look like he is facing straight to the left, but then the muzzle area is coming out at us. It looks like he got punched in the muzzle, and now it is crooked.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived