College Hockey Jerseys

lets_go_red

Well, it's been a while since I've been on the boards, I even had to make a name because I couldn't post under the old one, or maybe I just forgot the info I used to log on. Anyway, I decided to post some college hockey jerseys, cause its my favorite sport to watch and I aspire to play College Hockey in a couple of years. Well here are the service academies, done in Paint. C&C please.

navyjerseyaway.png

navyjersey.png

armyjersey.jpg

armyhomejersey.jpg

airforcejeraway.png

airforcejer.png

Its the ram used by Navy, I used the logo from this site...try to find a better one next time, o yeah quick explanation, the stripes on the upper left chest (right on the screen) are supposed to be like the bars worn on uniforms of admirals, or whoever wheres em in the Navy, not sure to be completely honest, but thought it would be a good added touch...thanks.

I'm not quite getting why you used a thunderbolt on the falcons pants. The springfield Falcons in the AHL use this on their pants because they are Tampa's minor league club. I guess it just seems odd to me that you would add that. That's really the only problem I see in these concepts. I especially like the Army jerseys. Good Work!

I used the thunderbolt because its what Air Force uses on their football helmets, and I thought it looked good on the pants, I never even knew that springfield uses lightning bolts, but theres the explanation. :D

Well here are the next 2 in the series, I realize the logos are large on the jerseys but I hate resizing in paint too much, so just please bear with me. Both these schools use their football helmets as models for their hockey ones, but I decided the Notre Dame Gold helmet just didnt go with an all blue package, so I switched it to a blue helmet on the roads. Notre Dame screams "ND" logo to me, absolute classic and it pisses me off that they dont currently use it for hockey. I always loved the old Michigan script jerseys so I brought them back with some new trim. Without further ado, Notre Dame and Michigan.

notredameawayjer.jpg

notredamejer.jpg

michiganjer.jpg

michiganhomejer.jpg

These are all ok, but they are all starting to look like you've recolored the same striping template over and over. If you are going to continue this series you should really start having some variety in the jersey patterns, otherwise we pretty much can tell what the rest of them will look like already.

These are okay, but I thought of something that would make the Navy concept special.

What if you took the admiral stripes and turned them into the striping pattern for the entire jersey? Just a thought.

Well another CCHA team, Ive had the privalage to play in their new arena and watch a series of their games, I decided to combine the 2 jerseys they wore, one was the alternate with a large M and the Canadians esque stripe, the other with Miami written across the chest, so this is what I came up with. C&C as always. Thank You

miamijer.jpg

miamiawayjer.jpg

NAVY: The nicest of all so far. One thing to think about: adding the star next to the block "N" on your sleeve patch. Check out what's on the blanket covering the goat. It's there for a reason.

ARMY: Shoulder numbers would be nice; otherwise, I like it.

AIR FORCE: Mismatching shoulder patches? Uhh... pick one or the other, and make the shoulders match.

NOTRE DAME: Why is one sleeve missing the shamrock and the other doesn't have a number? Also, you could do a little more with this. Spyboy's right - these are getting monotonous.

MICHIGAN: Don't you think it's odd that a school known for the cheer "GO BLUE" doesn't have a single blue sweater for their hockey team in this concept. I know I do...

MIAMI: Now this one I like a lot. My only suggestion is to sread out the numbers; the borders of the numbers usually don't touch. And is there any particular reason that the sleeves and body of the sweater have red/white/red stripes, but the socks have red/white/red/white/red?

Vitamin D...thanks for the suggestions...most of the shoulder and arm patches I just was trying to do something different, I mean I didnt think it was a horrible idea to use different patches on different sides or to put a number on one sleeve and logo on the other just things I had been messing with. As for michigan I just love the yellow jerseys they wear, but your right...I'll be working on that after I make some changes to others Ive recieved suggestions on. As for Miami again just trying to do some different stuff like you said MOST numbers dont touch, I tried it I kinda like it but thats just me, and the sox I added the stripe because I felt like it was missing something but looked ugly when I tried to in corporate the thick sleeve stripe. Thanks again.

Alright here is the new updated Navy Jerseys...I used the wave concept but mocked the old Milwaukee Admirals Jerseys, decided not to use the N with th stars because the N itself is a logo and stars that small didnt look like stars in paint haha so without further ado...

navyjerseyaway2.png

navyjersey2.png

...next another Michigan and Notre Dame updates

Notre Dame Update...put shamrock and number on each sleeve but kept a classic look added a green alternate, shamrock on the home and road are green, I wanted to incorporate more green to those but I just couldnt get it to look good...used the gold helmet on all jerseys

notredamejer-1.jpg

notredameawayjer.png

notredamealtjer.png

Archived