2007 NBA Free Agency Thread

Gary

Well since NHL has one, why not the NBA

Everyone knows by now, Rashard Lewis was signed by Orlando and Grant Hill will be leaving the Magic for the Phoenix Suns

And the Sonics will be leaving Seattle for Oklahoma City. I mean, eventually.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

BREAKING NEWS FROM ESPN.com: Andres Nocioni is going to....buy a new home in an affluent area of Chicago after agreeing to a reported 5-year, $38 million contract with the Bulls.

Raptors over paid Jason Kapono for 4 years I think 24 mill....

They didn't overpay THAT much. When you consider that guys like Joe Smith and Chris Mihm will be probably be getting most of some team's $5+ million mid-level exception, a $6 million/year average isn't that exorbitant for a 26-year old swingman with pretty decent size coming off a season in which he averaged over 10 PPG and led the league in 3-point shooting percentage and can spread the floor with his range, further opening the key up for some of those inside players like Chris Bosh.

It looks like the Wizards 2nd round draft pick from 2002, Juan Carlos Navarro, finally got out of his contract with Barcelona and will be able to sign with the Wizards. Rumor is that they may try to pair him with either Etan Thomas or Brendan Haywood for some front court help or use the fact that Navarro is good friends with Pau Gasol and try and get him in D.C. I sincerely doubt that it would happen, but crazier things have happened.

In other news, it looks like Jerry Stackhouse is staying put.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Chauncey signed for 4 years - $48 million, with a team option for the 5th year. There was talk he wanted an almost max-out deal, so it looks like the Pistons got him cheap at $12 milllion per season.

This also leaves room for the Pistons to extend Amir Johnson and then to make a run at a Morris Peterson type player. Bring Mo-Pete home!

Chauncey signed for 4 years - $48 million, with a team option for the 5th year. There was talk he wanted an almost max-out deal, so it looks like the Pistons got him cheap at $12 milllion per season.

This also leaves room for the Pistons to extend Amir Johnson and then to make a run at a Morris Peterson type player. Bring Mo-Pete home!

Everybody knows Mo Pete is a Jazz man.

kylekorversig1if2.png

Whoops, Hill to Phoenix was already mentioned.

Just so I'm not a complete post failure, Derek Fisher has caught the eye of the Grizz.

Fish may not have his eye on them though.... He siad there was 6 teams that he wants to play for because they have Special Hospitals so he can continue taking care of his daughter

I know New York, LA Lakers are 2, I would assume New Jersey and LA Clippers would also be teams because there in those metropolitan areas

Whoops, Hill to Phoenix was already mentioned.

Just so I'm not a complete post failure, Derek Fisher has caught the eye of the Grizz.

Fish may not have his eye on them though.... He siad there was 6 teams that he wants to play for because they have Special Hospitals so he can continue taking care of his daughter

I know New York, LA Lakers are 2, I would assume New Jersey and LA Clippers would also be teams because there in those metropolitan areas

St. Jude Children's Hospital is in Memphis. That's the best children's hospital in the southeast, if not the nation.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Everybody knows Mo Pete is a Jazz man.

Last year Mo Pete seemed pretty... ordinary. Everyone saw the big shot he made in Washington this past year, but he didn't do much else. I think the adjustment to a different team offensive style, plus an immediate change in the talent level of his teammates hurt a lot. We all knew that this was Mo Pete's last year in Toronto half-way into last season.

Personally, with Fisher gone, Mo Pete would be a GREAT fit as his replacement in Utah. He can fit that role really well. But, it's always nice to have a team that wants you that's close to home... it's just in a very reduced role on the team. My gut says he'll sign with Detroit, although Utah is the better fit for him.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

in other news...

it looks as though Gerald Wallace will re-sign with Charlotte for around $60 mil :wacko: despite Dallas being interested

there also appears to be some real clout to the KG to Golden State rumors...the pieces right now are Brandan Wright, Monta Ellis, and expiring contract fillers. The deal wouldnt be able to go down for at least 30 days though, as that's the period you must wait to trade a player who has just signed his rookie contract (Wright)

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

Archived