Home Run Derby CAPS

charliec107

Is it Halloween already? Baltimore is a great example of a team that can pull off black and orange, but San Francisco has dropped the ball on this all star game . (IMO)

How so? Explain yourself please.

I think the black and orange on both the hats and jerseys is way overdone. The only time I have seen this much is on a jack o' lantern. This combined with the unattractive design of the names looks second rate to me. I would expect to see this kind of thing in a rookie league, but not in MLB. I really think this could have done better if it had been done with more white or cream, but this is too much as it is. (Again this is only my opinion and I do not mean any disrespect to the opinions of those who disagree with me.)

Got my National hat today. The wordmarks on the jerseys were very popular, however, the $130 price tag at the ballpark had me go with the caps instead. It looks great. Better than previous ASGs recently.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I caught those on the MLB shop website over the weekend, and was surprised to see them... though I really shouldn't have been. They have been finding more and more ways to trot new useless merchandise out there every year.

I will be interested to see if they require the players to wear them tonight at the Home Run Derby, or if they will just be for pitchers and ball-boys, and the kids in the outfield who shag flies. Something tells me that wearing the batting practice jerseys WITH those hats would look bad, given that it's just a reproduction of the exact same wordmark as on the jersey. It would produce sort of a "seeing double" effect.

Another question it brings up to me is, since they're in the batting practice style... even if the hitters DO wear team caps for the HRD, will they be the batting practice team caps? I'm not remembering what they wore last year (mostly because I watched it last year on a 2 inch wide internet video feed. blah)

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

These are very bunk. Baseball hats = A little logo or a Letter, not the whole name across.

I wouldn't mind (ducks for cover) having the teams wear an allstar uni with their team hat ala NFL...that way we don't have to mismatch with a urine uni with the grays, a cream with the whites, or when someone dons an alt jersey.

But back to the topic, these hats are weak.

KISSwall09.jpg

I cant see the game here at work, but are the guys actually wearing these atrocious things?

sadly yes they are

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Wow, I'm really disappointed in these. If (and that's a BIG if) they felt it necessary to switch from team caps (which IMO makes a lot more sense, since team pants and a sleeve patch hardly help most viewers determine which team a player plays for) to ASG caps... couldn't they at LEAST have created some sort of cap-appropriate logo for them?

I see a couple of players were sans-hat, at least during their at bats. Comfort factor, or subtle anti-bp cap protest? We may never know. Though I did notice one of them was Vlad, from the Angels, one of the few BP Cap protest teams.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Archived