England National Football Team concept

Dave Ship

Hi all,

here's my uniform concept for the England National Football Team. I did this because I think their new Umbro kit is way too busy and lack of style. This has been created to use for next UEFA European Championship in Switzerland and Austria in 2008 (if they get quailified).

Quick fact:

- kept their current color scheme, obviously;

- Umbro is their traditional brand so I kept'em;

- tried to give a more aggressive look at the kit working on the chest and seams design;

- integration of St. George cross flag where possible;

- GK glaves added;

- different design for the goalkeeper;

- captain stripe;

- new display layout.

englandlayout3sx9.png

Is their current kit the one with the red cross on the shoulder? I really hate that one. This is really classy looking though. Nice work. Whats the ripped flag thing on the top of your logo list though? I don't really understand that.

this is the current england home kit:

Picture1-10.png

Not a bad start, beatnik, but I do like the shoulder cross design they've employed. Maybe try the current number set they have? I like the collar. I'm not crazy about how many little inserts are on the kit - maybe cut it down, especially on the shorts

OD_Signature.jpg

I love this concept, beatnik. Everything about it is well executed and I can see England really wearing this.

My only question:

Don't Keepers' kits generally tend to be more of a contrasting color than what you have? I would switch the away and GK kits.

Thank you guys for the comments.

ENG_yoo2hfhdzsmq8c8kdhle.gif

elliott: you probably mean the kit up there, which wasn't that bad but the one Gordie Delini correctly shows it's just bad in my opinion. That St. George cross is definitely impossible to recognize when the jersey is weared.

You're right about that ripped flag, it's just an abstracted shape made with paintbrush hard to understand.

Gordie Delini: I'm glad to receive a comment from you Gordie, finally! :D I'll try to follow your suggests. However I've never been sold on that new cross. As I said before it's quite hard to recognize'em and it doesn't seems that nicely done. Probably there are too many cuts but when I take a look at their current kit I really hate all those rumbles. There's no point on those shape and seems to be slapped in a random way which gives just a busy look to the kit.

patsox#1: generally GK kit has to be very colored because, istinctively, a forward strikes where he see a lively color object. But that's not a global standard. Nowadays designers are very careful to integrate better with the rest of the team the GK kits too, so the rule wrote before is going down.

England has been always in red as away kit and I won't change that tradition.

I would lighten the blue on the home keeper kit and go with a bright yellow on the away keeper kit- those are typically the colors the keepers wear for the lions. As far as the shoulder cross goes, I think it could be better implemented with something a little simpler. In my opinion, the great thing about the last home kit (05-07) was its simplicity. Other than the shoulder cross, that was about the only detail on the shirt, the rest being mostly white (with a few navy accents). In my opinion, that's the route England needs to go, to a simpler, more white, with just a teensy bit of red and navy on the kit. That's the other nice thing about the current clash kit - it's simplicity. I think the kits for the original FA need to be classy, traditional, and simple.

By the way, I picked up that 05-07 home shirt when I was over there, and it's by far one of the most comfortable football shirts I own. Not really related, but just a little side note.

OD_Signature.jpg

By the way, I picked up that 05-07 home shirt when I was over there, and it's by far one of the most comfortable football shirts I own. Not really related, but just a little side note.

Eheh, yeah. I had an Umbro jersey too and was very comfortable. Few year ago Umbro was probably my favorite brand.

Thank you guys for the comments.

ENG_yoo2hfhdzsmq8c8kdhle.gif

elliott: you probably mean the kit up there, which wasn't that bad but the one Gordie Delini correctly shows it's just bad in my opinion. That St. George cross is definitely impossible to recognize when the jersey is weared.

You're right about that ripped flag, it's just an abstracted shape made with paintbrush hard to understand.

Yep, that was the one I was thinking of.

Those are exceptional. Football is my first love, and designing kits is where I started. This is much, much nicer than the current Umbro templates and I like it alot. Id like to see this template used for my team Glasgow Rangers. Only thing I would say is, although I like the idea and they look nice, the gloves wouldnt work. Robinson wears Nike gloves!

Solid, good looking concept though. 10/10

sigen.jpg

Archived