soft drink baseball league

sigma716

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It got sent to the Graveyard because it had turned into a massive flame war.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

ok, i see that it was moved, can it be restarted without all the BS this time perhaps?

I'd suggest starting your own thread with the Dr. Pepper concept.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

ok, i see that it was moved, can it be restarted without all the BS this time perhaps?

I'd suggest starting your own thread with the Dr. Pepper concept.

nah, not a fan of that much attention to be honest, just thought this would be a fun one to participate in with all the talent around here ya know?

2004RedSox.png

i did something similar here while back but was soft drink hockey concepts instead of baseball. I thought the SDBL had potential and wouldn't mind a thread where everyone could contribute soft drink baseball designs, only this time with out all the patsox flamming.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Well this looks too fun, so I decided to do my favorite soft drink...Sunkist-Orange. A few explanations the hat logo is just the sun from the logo with the S in middle, I made it but Im not aware if anything like it is used by the company. The shoulder patches are the same but instead of the middle sun I drew in a baseball as best I could in paint. C&C welcome and appreciated.Thank You

sunkistbaseball.jpg

brewerssig.jpg

Wow! These are good!

Dr. Pepper: I love the fizz. Innovative idea. The cap logo is a tad big though. Overall, sharp-looking. (p.s. It should be number 23, then there'd be more to it ;))

Sprite: Love the update on the sleeves. On the homes you should probably add a blue band to the sleeves like the away jersey. On the home the blue name with the green drop shadow is tough to read. Perhaps flipping the colors around to match the number will look better.

Sunkist: The script is a tad over-rotated. I think you should flatten it out a bit. I think you could find a better number font to match the script. The script is round and flow-y, a font with more rounded numbers would fit better in my opinion.

Overall great job everyone some really sharp concepts.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Wow! These are good!

Dr. Pepper: I love the fizz. Innovative idea. The cap logo is a tad big though. Overall, sharp-looking. (p.s. It should be number 23, then there'd be more to it ;))

Overall great job everyone some really sharp concepts.

I couldnt for the life of me remember what number to put on the jersey, I'll update that. Thanks for noticing the fizz, that was a pain in the ass, as well as the basis for the whole design.

I am still working on a hat logo.

Later today I should have a gatorade and possibly might try a beer company too just for :censored:s and giggles

2004RedSox.png

Cant wait for Gatorade, I was thinkin how funny a beverage league would be...soda conference with coke and pepsi divisions...beer conference with import and domestic divisions...juice conference with sports drink and fruit divisions??? haha Anyway...heres Tab...hope you like it C&C welcome and appreciated!

tab.jpg

brewerssig.jpg

Cant wait for Gatorade, I was thinkin how funny a beverage league would be...soda conference with coke and pepsi divisions...beer conference with import and domestic divisions...juice conference with sports drink and fruit divisions??? haha Anyway...heres Tab...hope you like it C&C welcome and appreciated!

tab.jpg

Other than the numerals on the back being just a bit too big, and the ones on the sleeves should be on the left sleeve, this is excellent. Very Phillies-like, but great nonetheless. I like the ball addition in the Tab logo, and the hat logo surprisingly works. I'm sure it would be fine with simply the T, but it does look good the way it is. Great Job.

tab.jpg

It screams Phillies at me...

...and I like it.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived