Yankees Minor League Affiliate

TurnTwo

Practically its too much of a caricature, but with some work it'd be a decent A league logo.

The striping on the hat needs work.

If you were going to go with the shadowing under the arm, it needs that kind of treatment all over. You'd need shadowing on the hat, face and what not.

I like the idea, and like the eyeblack. I think the bat and hair looks good and bold with good lines.

Take what you are doing weight wise in the bat with shadowing on the rest of the logo, and decide how (and i hate this term) 'cartoony' you want to make it and run.

Nice job.

it's really just too flat, boring and 1991 cliparty. it just doesn't look like a sports logo, much less one that would be used nowadays.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Yeah, something in the execution of the face shape with the eye black makes me think a fusion of Uncle Sam and a Native American/Indian (with pale skin, of course). I would probably make the face a little more round, and as red just said work on the face structure to age him and define him a bit.

Also, the shading seems a little arbitrary on his left...is he turned like a pitcher glaring in, so we can only see his side? If so, I think the white border needs to be drawn in some, and the bat needs to move somehow so it doesn't seem to come from nowhere. However, if it's not just a side view, I'd like to see the uniform extend more and have him fill out that empty space there.

I like where this is going, and I could really see this for WBS, Tampa, or any of the "Yankees" named farm teams. By the way, I'm definately not ripping this concept--your skills are far better than mine, that much I concede right away.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Everything on the body needs more detail. The face, the arms, the beard. The overall structure is good, it just needs more details.

Also, it would be a bad omen to have the "Memoriam" armband on your concept.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Archived