New logo for Nascar

cajunaggie08

It's a little different. I kind of like it, but I wish they would have taken this opportunity (both the NEXTEL Cup Series and the Busch Series are getting a new name for next year) to come up with an updated NASCAR logo.

Here is the current NEXTEL Cup Series logo for comparison.

nextelcuplogo.jpg

Any news on who might replace Busch as the sponsor of the Busch Series. Wikipedia lists Walmart, Samsung, and Subway as rumored companies, but I've also heard of McDonald's thrown in there as well.

I like the logo, but I don't like how the Sponsor is changing.

Everything in Nascar seems to keep changing, well except for the fact that Gordon still dominates the sport.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Everything in Nascar seems to keep changing, well except for the fact that Gordon still dominates the sport.

The sponsor isn't changing really, just that Sprint bought out Nextel in December 2004 not less than a year after Nextel took over for Winston. The Current company is called SprintNextel, and I think that Nextel would be dropped when the 2 walkie talkie systems are eventually united.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

:puke: Gordon! I gotta support my hometown boy Matt Kenseth, I Grew up watching him here in Wisconsin.

Well Winston Cup had a good 31yr run. Then Nextel 2003-2008... lol Still the same company since Sprint and Nextel are one.

Winston was with the series for like 30 years....and nextel for the past what, 4? Nextel isnt going anywhere, they just changed their name.

how is "everything changing"?

and gordon hasnt "dominated" in over 5 years. congrats on his 1st good year since nextel took over.

SigReflect.png

The game or in this case the race dosent change. Its all corporate, companys come and go merge and disband. Nascar is still nascar, winston's contract wasent renewed so it was the next best offer nextel. Then nextel and sprint merged.

Imagine if the NFL or MLB had sponsors... the sponsors would change but the game wouldent change.

But everything in a sense is changing since they introduced the "car of the future" onto the tracks. But that has nothing to do with sponsorship.

But everything in a sense is changing since they introduced the "car of the future" onto the tracks. But that has nothing to do with sponsorship.

Yah, that is what I mean. I hate those stupid cars, they make racing boring. Look at the race last night, it was great! Thank goodness they didn't run the C.O.T last night.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Any news on who might replace Busch as the sponsor of the Busch Series.

They should just phase it out since it's nothing but the NEXTEL/Sprint guys competing and winning in less laps...

Yah, that is what I mean. I hate those stupid cars, they make racing boring. Look at the race last night, it was great! Thank goodness they didn't run the C.O.T last night.

They should ban the COT from Daytona after the finishes the 500 and the Pepsi 400 produced

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

With the current way NASCAR is going why don't they put a bowtie on their logo and call it what it is- The Chevy Racing Series. At last count there are around three times the Chevys running as compared to any other manufacturer. And even though they suspend the crew chiefs the Chevy drivers still do well every week. You want to stop the cheating? Then suspend Jeffypoo Gordon, Jimmmmmie Johnson, Tony the Tiger Stewart and Little EEEEEEEEE and it (cheating) would stop immediately. But no, we can't suspend our pretty boy racers. And while we're at it without the technical innovations put in by Ford people throughout the history of NASCAR the sport would still be a bunch of Good Ol' Boy rednecks running their 'shine haulers on county fairgrounds tracks in Pigs Knuckle, NC and Possum Trot, Tennessee. It was Ford people like Ralph Moody of Holman Moody that created the modern stock car chassis by modifying the 1965 Ford Galaxie. Or Mercury's Bud More who proved that a properly tuned Ford 351 Cleveland or Windsor small-block V-8 could run all day at 180+ MPH. And the Wood Brothers of Stuart, VA who have exclusively run Ford products since 1954 in their #21 car developed the modern pit stop choreography in the early 1960s that cut literal MINUTES off from pit stop time into mini-seconds. And every car running in NASCAR today uses the Ford 9-inch differntial rear-end. Those Ford rear-ends are known as "bulletproof. But to hear the average NASCAR fan talk you'd think that racing didn't start until Dale Sr. started running people off the tracks in the 1970s. No, wake up NASCAR, get a little more parity in the sport before you start losing more fans like me. You guys (NASCAR) have short memories. In the 1960s when Ford and Mopar were dominating the track and Chevy didn't even run (except for a couple of independents) you went and begged GM to come back. Now Ford and Mopar are struggling and we don't hear a thing from you. C'mon, let's be fair about this or as I say, it will end up as the Chevy Racing Series. If I sound predjudiced for Ford, well I am. I am a born-and-bred 100% Blue Oval guy who has followed racing for 50 years and has researched just how the sport has progressed. I know what I'm talking about. "Watch the FORDs going by and you'll say...You're ahead in a FORD all the way."

With the current way NASCAR is going why don't they put a bowtie on their logo and call it what it is- The Chevy Racing Series. At last count there are around three times the Chevys running as compared to any other manufacturer. And even though they suspend the crew chiefs the Chevy drivers still do well every week. You want to stop the cheating? Then suspend Jeffypoo Gordon, Jimmmmmie Johnson, Tony the Tiger Stewart and Little EEEEEEEEE and it (cheating) would stop immediately. But no, we can't suspend our pretty boy racers. And while we're at it without the technical innovations put in by Ford people throughout the history of NASCAR the sport would still be a bunch of Good Ol' Boy rednecks running their 'shine haulers on county fairgrounds tracks in Pigs Knuckle, NC and Possum Trot, Tennessee. It was Ford people like Ralph Moody of Holman Moody that created the modern stock car chassis by modifying the 1965 Ford Galaxie. Or Mercury's Bud More who proved that a properly tuned Ford 351 Cleveland or Windsor small-block V-8 could run all day at 180+ MPH. And the Wood Brothers of Stuart, VA who have exclusively run Ford products since 1954 in their #21 car developed the modern pit stop choreography in the early 1960s that cut literal MINUTES off from pit stop time into mini-seconds. And every car running in NASCAR today uses the Ford 9-inch differntial rear-end. Those Ford rear-ends are known as "bulletproof. But to hear the average NASCAR fan talk you'd think that racing didn't start until Dale Sr. started running people off the tracks in the 1970s. No, wake up NASCAR, get a little more parity in the sport before you start losing more fans like me. You guys (NASCAR) have short memories. In the 1960s when Ford and Mopar were dominating the track and Chevy didn't even run (except for a couple of independents) you went and begged GM to come back. Now Ford and Mopar are struggling and we don't hear a thing from you. C'mon, let's be fair about this or as I say, it will end up as the Chevy Racing Series. If I sound predjudiced for Ford, well I am. I am a born-and-bred 100% Blue Oval guy who has followed racing for 50 years and has researched just how the sport has progressed. I know what I'm talking about. "Watch the FORDs going by and you'll say...You're ahead in a FORD all the way."

Thank You!!! Finally a real RACING fan... Every Nascar board you go, everyone is all bow-tie this...

I hate when Chevy throws in their sponsorship at the end of a race... what's their tagline again??? more wins??? Yeah but you field twice as many cars as all the other manufacturers together... I'd like to see a percentage on that...

And as for the Sprint name, I want to see what they'll do about the "Chase"... the Chase for The Sprint???

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

JQK- You're a flaming idiot. The Ford Fusion is one of the best cars out there today. But the media is so biased towards the Jap manufacturers (Japan sell an inferior product? Impossible! Yeah, right.) that you'll never hear about all the V-8 engine failures by Toyota in their Tundra trucks. What kind of rice burner do YOU drive? A Prius? FYI- If Ford, GM and Mopar could wean themselves away from the albatross contracts the UAW has saddled them with for years then the US "Big Three" could compete more favorably with the Japs. And how has Toyota done in Nextel Cup this year? And BTW- FORD stands for First On Race Day!

I thought this part of the board was for discussing logos? This petty bickering over what Ford and Chevy have done is worthless. Big money drives NASCAR and that is it. The dealers just pay into the hype. Discuss your petty crap on the other boards.

I thought this part of the board was for discussing logos? This petty bickering over what Ford and Chevy have done is worthless. Big money drives NASCAR and that is it. The dealers just pay into the hype. Discuss your petty crap on the other boards.

Sorry, Dad.

Archived