first concept

heernumurr

Eh, I don't like the yellow one bit, and as a Red fan myself I would much rather see red and white, with a hint of black or green.

Anyway, the design is really nice, and I must say that the bird logo is pretty sweet, and I love how you kept the two flames going on each side. Can't break from that.

Y.N.W.A!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

thanks for the response so far folks, way better than i expected! in reply:

- i did think the logo on the home got lost a bit, but thats the thing with liverpool, the bird is red and the shirt is red. i tried other colours but it always looked wrong; wrong like if the red wings turned up one night wearing green.

While that's true about the logo, the bird has usually been on a white shield on the red jerseys. Maybe incorporate the shield outline from the pre-1992 version of the crest as a white background for the bird, giving it some 'pop' on the home jersey?

Oh and this is probably me being delusional, but why not use the Shankly gate from the badge as an insanely elaborate shoulder 'yoke' on an alternate?

thanks for the response so far folks, way better than i expected! in reply:

- i did think the logo on the home got lost a bit, but thats the thing with liverpool, the bird is red and the shirt is red. i tried other colours but it always looked wrong; wrong like if the red wings turned up one night wearing green.

While that's true about the logo, the bird has usually been on a white shield on the red jerseys. Maybe incorporate the shield outline from the pre-1992 version of the crest as a white background for the bird, giving it some 'pop' on the home jersey?

Also, I noticed your concepts don't use any teal, which is a prominent color in the LFC crest. Was this intentional?

eplliverpoolhp4.png

Other than that, a great-looking concept - and I'm a Gunners fan! The title to this thread should have been "You'll Never Skate Alone."

CCSLC signature.png

I didn't care for the original home/away but as a LFC fan I loved that 1984 style alt!

Also, I noticed your concepts don't use any teal, which is a prominent color in the LFC crest. Was this intentional?

Teal isn't a club colour. It's just used in the crest, and its really closer to green than teal. The only real club colour is red, and plenty of it but there's been all manner of scarves and other merchandise using green, gold, teal, black etc down the years to break up the red/white look.

liverpool-1.png

On the new alternate ... I like the front, but it's still a bit too plain, especially without anything on the shoulders. I would suggest adding some striping on the sleeves to break up the yellow a bit.

thanks for the C&C people, havent been on here in a few days.

there is a shirt design i have with both teal and the YNWA as a wordmark logo on the front. i'll try and finish it and get it posted.

i think this football(soccer)-hockey thing could have some legs, so does anyone have an idea for one i can try next? id love to see other peoples takes on the idea, so if you fancy it post which one youre doing up here so i dont do the same one!

Archived