Roswell Rayguns concept

OB33

When I saw that a new fantasy basketball league was starting up, I just knew that I had to do this as my team. As some of you may know, the Roswell Rayguns were a fictional team used in an ad campaign by Nike a few years back, you can view the ad

. Personally, I think it's the greatest commercial ever so I decided to do a concept for the team, trying to bring the look into the 21st century while still giving it a retro feel. Now, I'm not the greatest designer in the world by any stretch of the imagination so any c&c would be appreciated:

roswellmediaxi5.png

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

It would be way better if you putt some green on the jerseys. I don't like the yellow and orange at all.

Other then that, the name is great! And the logo is pretty sweet to.

*edit*

I know why you did those colors now, i saw the commercial.

Good Job!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Here's the alt jersey, was looking to try something slightly different here, I'm not sure if I'm sold on it or not:

I am!! I like them all! I love the simplicity and the retro look. My favourite part is the basketball design in the aliens head, thats a freakin sweet logo

sigen.jpg

A few suggestions:

Match up the lines on the logo to the lines on the jersey. If you go yellow black orange black yellow, keep the same on the black jersey. I suggest yelloe orange yellow, and adding an extra stripe on the jersey. For the alternate, maybe it's a little too simple. Try adding the logo someplace (maybe on the back? shorts? back of shorts?) Still, pretty good. Love Bootsy Collins in the commercial. Hopefully we'll get to compete against each other in the basketball league.

That commercial reminded me of unlocking george clinton and p-funk in nba jam...

Anyway, sweet concepts. They're really clean and sharp-looking. I'm really feeling that alt.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

A few suggestions:

Match up the lines on the logo to the lines on the jersey. If you go yellow black orange black yellow, keep the same on the black jersey. I suggest yellow orange yellow, and adding an extra stripe on the jersey. For the alternate, maybe it's a little too simple. Try adding the logo someplace (maybe on the back? shorts? back of shorts?) Still, pretty good. Love Bootsy Collins in the commercial. Hopefully we'll get to compete against each other in the basketball league.

Sorry it took so long to get back to this but different stuff came up. I totally understand what you're saying about trying to have a streamlined striping pattern but I just couldn't get it to work right. With the yellow-black-orange-black-yellow the stripes just got way too small and it didn't look right to me and with the yellow-orange-yellow stripe, the yellow washed out the orange and just made it look like one big yellow stripe and I really didn't want to do that. As for the alternate, I agree with you that it was kind of drab, I tinkered around with some different things and eventually settled with this. I'm also looking forward to getting beaten by you playing some fantasy b-ball against each other this year.

raygreenjersey2nt1.png

And for everyone's reference, here's what the original jersey looked like:

raygunsjerseyhp8.png

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Archived