Miami Cyclones

MVP

Miami-Cyclones---Full.png

My first actual fantasy concept, 2nd sports logo ever (1st one didn't go so well :P).

The tertiary isn't so much an identity, just the wordmark on the road jersey. (And yes, I know I put it under colour palette...). Obviously I spent much more time on the logos than the jerseys, so I expect more critique on the logo! ;)

C&C? Thanks.

Wade-sig.png

very nice - i like the color combo - the ball lines in the secondary kind of throw it off...i think it would be stronger without them (i also think you should use an M instead of a C, but that's personal preference), but that's the only real beef i have with the logos - great work

jldesigns404eo.png

Very nice concept over-all. I like the cyclone/basketball logo. The "C" logo seems a bit off. The "C" is very prominent, but the cyclone gets lost. Maybe use the "M" rather than the "C", then the cyclone could be centered top or bottom. Or you could try to use the "C" or "M" entirely inside the thick black out-line of the cyclone. Like I said though, over all very nice!

I like that you made the script concave. It really gives off a "whirling" vibe. I don't like the multi-toned coloring though. To me it's like you're trying to also convey some sort of wave. It's distracting. I think a simple solid color will be stronger.

Your secondary is the weakest element in the set. It just looks forced, especially with the back of the 'C' "between" the cyclone. I agree with the above that my preference would be an 'M' since the logo already says, "cyclones."

Given your lack of a tertiary :P, I think that just the cyclone logo would work. Put that on the shorts instead of that confusing seconday.

Great work and with a couple tweaks this will be a concept to take the IBL by storm!

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Your secondary is the weakest element in the set. It just looks forced, especially with the back of the 'C' "between" the cyclone. I agree with the above that my preference would be an 'M' since the logo already says, "cyclones."

Bingo. Make the C into an M and you got yourself a great concept.

Very Nice. You could still keep the C with the cyclone logo making up the negative space of the C. Also you could try working the ball lines into the swirl lines. But you could just leave it alone and it is still a good look.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

The primary logo with the basketball inside the cyclone is sheer brilliance.

I would recommend adding an accent color into the set to fill it out a bit more. The teal/grey/black combo as it is looks good, but one more color would really make it pop. Overall very nice job.

Alright, thanks for the comments guys!

I'm going to try to re-create a new secondary with the suggestions.

Also, I'm probably going to spice up the striping on the jerseys as well, maybe with a third colour or something.

Thanks!

Wade-sig.png

Archived