Modified nhl sets

Roger Clemente

Posted: Jan. 21 2004,00:54

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait, what's different about your Carolina look, besides the black pants?

On the canes home jersey he has gotten rid of the silver all together, and on both jerseys the bottom of the jerseys are

now trimmed in black.

I assume you mean the road jersey; the home still has silver in it. Also, the bottoms already had black stripes. The only difference I see if the added flags to the sleeves and the pants. And sorry Rog, but the current Wild unis are way better, and I can't see what you hate about them so much that you have improved here.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, there are several reasons why I hate the Wild's jerseys, primarily the green one.

1. It's way way way too green. And it's not that great of a shade either.

2. It has that shimmery underarm mesh that isn't necessary and somewhat draws attention to one's armpits. They kid of look like sweat stains.

3. While a green jersey, even with this shade, could work, the striping and colors used on this one alienates all possibility of it matching well with any article of clothing. Anyone who just wears the green jersey on it's own looks like a walking faux pas no matter what is worn with it. (Even draftees on Draft Day in a suit and tie look terrible in it.) At least when worn with the full uniform, it looks presentable.

4. Juxtaposed with the red makes any Wild jersey that is red or green look really awkward in appearance and very Christmassy. If it were say black or blue, then you could probably work with it. Dallas manages to make themselves look nice.

The red alternate is extremely plain. On TV, I sometimes confuse it with the Canucks alternate. The logo on it is too small, and considering that the logo seems somewhat futuristic, the jersey is incredibly old old old school. At least it is executed better than the Flyers alternate, but just barely. It could have worked a lot better had they taken Edmonton's alternate striping outright instead of a botched ripoff (kinda like Altanta's literally half-assed ripoff of Columbus' third).

The white jersey isn't so bad. Still not a fan of it though. I seriously did at one time consider buying one, but it grew thin on me. I also hate that that ridiculously cheesy "State of Hockey" theme song (even if the claim is true, and I'm not trying to take it away from them), and that they are the only team that has the letters NHL in a logo.

Let's move on shall we? Although if you want to, you may still continue to comment on my previous work if you wish.

~~~~~

Today's team is the Toronto Maple Leafs. I felt that the uniforms they had in the mid 90's were the best ones they ever had, so I just used them, and made matching socks for once. I didn't bother with the alternate because I don't think they really need it. (Well that and any jersey with shoulder panels doesn't look good on a fat person, and I have seen a lot of fat Leafs fans around here wearing the alternate.)

Copy and paste:

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/uniforms/MapleLeafs-Set.gif

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Roger, I really like the Maple Leafs modifications that you've done and that's saying a lot considering my deep seeded hatred for the Toronto Maple Leafs.  The darker blue seems to pop with the white better than the royal blue in my opinion.  Good job, man!

The current Wild white jersey is a masterpiece.  Only problem is one thing Roger pointed out--that lame, lame, lame shoulder logo.  The green isn't so great, Roger's pretty much right about that.

Roger, that set is very nice.  I wonder what it'd look like in a green jersey, though; yes, I know, you don't like the green much, but I think the green just fits better as the primary colour.

And, regarding the "State of Hockey"... nyah nyah.

:P

:D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The current Wild white jersey is a masterpiece. Only problem is one thing Roger pointed out--that lame, lame, lame shoulder logo. The green isn't so great, Roger's pretty much right about that.

Perhaps the Zephyr X-line logo of the bear paw would make a better shoulder logo for the Wild jerseys.

nhl_xline.jpg

I'd also like to see the Wild green jersey with white shoulders, the reverse of the white with green shoulders.

I also like the Avs jersey you have done. I don't miss the black at all.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

That Wild concept is a masterpiece. The Leafs concept is, well, a Leafs concept... nothing earthshaking, but nothing especially ugly either. It is classy.

Nice work so far, although I disagree with the Avs change, keep it up!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I gotta agree with Syphi, your Wild concpet is pure gold.the lines and striping rock.very nice. That x-line looks like it could work as a shoulder patch, but I'm a fan of the WILD script, I think that one would look cood ont he front of a jersey

Love the Wild cocept, Rog.  Definately agree with you that their current home jersey is much too green.  The red definately works better with those colors.  Awesome job with the striping also.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

And now for the Forever Rival, the Montreal Canadiens.

I find the ratio of Montreal's white jersey seem to be about 90-10 red to blue, whereas it should be something like 65-35.  The blue is integral to the Canadiens.  I decided to actually ditch the current white for a modified version of the vintage white.  I also modified the red jersey too, but they are not radical changes, they are throwback changes.

Copy and paste:

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/uniforms/Canadiens-Set.gif

champssig2.png

Well, there are several reasons why I hate the Wild's jerseys, primarily the green one.

1. It's way way way too green. And it's not that great of a shade either.

2. It has that shimmery underarm mesh that isn't necessary and somewhat draws attention to one's armpits. They kid of look like sweat stains.

3. While a green jersey, even with this shade, could work, the striping and colors used on this one alienates all possibility of it matching well with any article of clothing. Anyone who just wears the green jersey on it's own looks like a walking faux pas no matter what is worn with it. (Even draftees on Draft Day in a suit and tie look terrible in it.) At least when worn with the full uniform, it looks presentable.

4. Juxtaposed with the red makes any Wild jersey that is red or green look really awkward in appearance and very Christmassy. If it were say black or blue, then you could probably work with it. Dallas manages to make themselves look nice.

The red alternate is extremely plain. On TV, I sometimes confuse it with the Canucks alternate. The logo on it is too small, and considering that the logo seems somewhat futuristic, the jersey is incredibly old old old school. At least it is executed better than the Flyers alternate, but just barely. It could have worked a lot better had they taken Edmonton's alternate striping outright instead of a botched ripoff (kinda like Altanta's literally half-assed ripoff of Columbus' third).

The white jersey isn't so bad. Still not a fan of it though. I seriously did at one time consider buying one, but it grew thin on me. I also hate that that ridiculously cheesy "State of Hockey" theme song (even if the claim is true, and I'm not trying to take it away from them), and that they are the only team that has the letters NHL in a logo.

rc, i have to disagree with you about the wild's uniforms. all three jerseys rank in the top 5 jerseys in the nhl. your concept is nice, but not an improvement over their current set. i agreev with you opinion on the alt. logo, though. i agree with most that the x-line logo would be better.

Here come the Vancouver Canucks:  (copy and paste) http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/uniforms/Canucks-Set.gif

I didn't do anything drastic here.  I got rid of the gradient alternate, but I kept the stick shoulder logos.  I included a light blue version of the jerseys because I think it'd look good.  I also used a bit more of the light blue in the dark blue jersey for trim and such.

champssig2.png

And now for the Forever Rival, the Montreal Canadiens.

I find the ratio of Montreal's white jersey seem to be about 90-10 red to blue, whereas it should be something like 65-35. The blue is integral to the Canadiens. I decided to actually ditch the current white for a modified version of the vintage white.

Yes, yes, YES! A thousand times yes. The white numbers trimmed in the red & blue (or even just the red) are SO MUCH BETTER than the red numbers against the blue stripe that they currently are using.

The real ones are just impossible to read, even close up. Yours are exactly what I've been thinking they should have done. Thumbs Up!

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived