Modified nhl sets

Roger Clemente

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roger, I like the direction that you went with for the Oiler jerseys but I have a few small suggestions that might make the designs pop a bit more.

1) On the dark jersey I would suggest making the while outline around the numbers double thickness with a normal thickness red outline.  I think it would help the copper/orange stand out a bit better against the navy blue.

2) I would try to incorporate copper/orange into the numbers of the white jersey instead of using white as the initial outline colour.

3) One thing that could help each jersey would be the addition of copper/orange cuffs and hemline at the bottom of the jersey.  I just think it would add more pop to the designs.

Otherwise, I like what you've done with them (and that's saying something considering I'm a Flames fan).

Okay I have rethought my previous comment re: the Oilers, and I think that red CAN be used, but ONLY if it is outlining (and, thus, emphasizing) the dazzle copper. In my opinion it should definitely NOT be outlining white. That just makes it stick out like a sore thumb. I like almost all of what you have done, but I think the Oilers are a misstep (although I support getting rid of that 3rd, which doesn't fit in at all).

I've never been a fan of the Flyer uniform--I will agree the alternate changes are wel done.

I prefer the current Oilers unis--the copper is better than the orange--and I know Oiler fans who agree.

Still it's an enjoyable ride to see how little or how much you're changing things up.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Today's serving is the Pittsburgh Penguins.

I didn't do anything to the black jersey.  It's great as is.  What I did to the white jersey though is put the gold over the black instead of the white.  As it is, the gold can seemingly get lost in the white.

Other than that, there's nothing much else about them.  I like them pretty much as is.

Copy and paste: http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/uniforms/Penguins-Set.gif

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Good job on Pittsburgh, I agree, not much (outside of adopting the X-Line logo) needs to be done there.

On the Oilers' look, I think the white numbers with orange outlines would keep with the colour proportions of the logo better. I know it's a nod to the old look, but IMO, they changed that for a reason.

Dazzle material appears bright when hit by light in the right way, but appears darker when hit the wrong way (and I know, the playing surface is usually well lit, but I'm saying dazzle wouldn't necessarily make the numbers easier to read all the time). Otherwise keep up the great work!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Sometimes subtle changes make a big difference as shown here with the Pens' road jerseys.  Good job--and I prefer the skating Penguin logo.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

What I did to the white jersey though is put the gold over the black instead of the white. As it is, the gold can seemingly get lost in the white.

Nice modification. About the only thing I would have been tempted to try is replacing the pale gold with the traditional primary yellow.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

In honor of Super Sunday, I present the greatest team on earth, the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim.  :D

Their uniforms are perfect.  All three of them.  The problem though is that the black jersey is so perfect, it's hard to actually incorporate the Jade color into it.  Seriously.  But, I did manage to bring the Ducks shoulder logo into it using just silver and eggplant.

Copy and paste: http://www.geocities.com/rogercl....Set.gif

champssig2.png

The problem though is that the black jersey is so perfect

if the jersey was for the kings, then yes, it is perfect.

Ah, but Anaheim had these colors before the Kings did, plus there is a huge difference between the Purple and the Eggplant, plus the striping is a lot different than the Kings use now, plus a lot better.

--Roger "Time? "Clemente.

champssig2.png

Someone is not biased ?? :P

Well, even if I weren't a Ducks fan, I'd still say they're all perfect jerseys.  I know people who hate their regular jerseys but love their alternate.  IMO though, they are not the best jerseys in the league.

champssig2.png

ok let me get this straight... you eliminated the oilers 3rd because it stuck out like a sore thumb... but you would keep the anaheim third... ok... that makes sense... dont get me wrong its a tight jersey but really its in the same boat as the oilers 3rd...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

The only way one can get a Jade version of that jersey that looks good is to move the arm striping to the middle of the sleeve instead of the top, which wouldn't look half bad, but I prefer the black version to it.  The reason the Ducks third jersey is kept and the Oilers isn't is because the Ducks jersey uses colors they already had whereas the Oilers introduced new colors out of nowhere.  Had the Oilers used Copper, Red and regular dark blue on it, then it would have looked better, but adding those colors to it looks really awkward.

~~~~~

From one perfect team to another, today's team in the Washington Capitals.

All I did was bring back the blue jersey and relegate that uber-awesome black jersey to a third again.

Copy and paste: http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/uniforms/Capitals-Set.gif

champssig2.png

Well, seeing as how Washington got no response, here are the New York Islanders.

I didn't do much to these jerseys, just the addition of my third jersey that was so well received.

Copy and paste: http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/uniforms/Islanders-Set.gif

champssig2.png

Archived