Dan Patrick Leaving ESPN

floydnimrod

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just heard that on his show earlier to today when he was talking to Reggie Miller.

I love the "Outtakes" I always go to that section first.

However, over the last couple of years, I started to like him less and less.

Story

I wonder what will happen to the "Outtakes" section of the Mag.

I like DP, but given the monster that ESPN has become, I think the answer to your question is:

Nothing -- it will just have someone else's byline on it.

It's where I sit.

Good riddance. The show has sucked for years. I hope Gottlieb gets his spot.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Why listen to that windbag when you can have World Soccer Daily?

Sirius > You.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I'll miss "The Big Show" hour of Patrick's radio show but they can keep the rest of the entire network. I'm sure Colin Cowherd will move to Dan's spot. Then he can go head to head with Jim Rome and get his ass kicked. And ESPN will continue to suck more and more every day.

BB52Big.jpg

Patrick with out Dibble or Olbermann is excruciatingly vanilla boring. He is best when he's the straight guy with someone to provide a little friction, give and take. Back in the day when he Patrick and Olbermann did most every Sunday night Sportscenter, they made the 'plays of the week' highlight segment a must see item.

And to cement my adoration of Olbernamm he just broke out his old "if you are keeping score at home, or if you're alone" line on his MSNBC nightly hour of liberal left-wing news, notes and and "I Hate Bill-O" rants.

Allegedly Dan Patrick turned down an opportunity to posibly be the replacement for Bob Barker on "The Price is Right" a few weeks ago.

RobbyBox2.jpg

When i got my sirius i was psyced on espn radio... loved dan patrick and KO on the big show... but after i was driving all day nhl trade deadline day and not even a mention of it on espn at all i decided to try hardcore sports on channel 186... havent turned back... espn is too boring... should be interesting to see where patrick goes from here though... think he would follow KOs footsteps?

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

When i got my sirius i was psyced on espn radio... loved dan patrick and KO on the big show... but after i was driving all day nhl trade deadline day and not even a mention of it on espn at all i decided to try hardcore sports on channel 186... havent turned back... espn is too boring... should be interesting to see where patrick goes from here though... think he would follow KOs footsteps?

I think Hardcore Sports got dumped here in the States. I tried it for a few mornings, but all they had were highlights. ESPNNews on 121 is nice at times, but apart from the morning, Sirius programs have everything covered. Of course, 124 is the NFL Network (I still haven't tried it) 127 is the NBA Network (Not terribly interested) and 128 is NASCAR Network (Can they get a guy without a Southern accent?)

(All Times CST)

5-9 Mike and Mike (120) [if only Rivals wasn't so lame...]

9-11 NHL Live (123) [in Season]

11-12 Er... Nothing much at this time :D

12-2 World Soccer Daily

2-5 Mike and Murray

5-6 The Desk

During Commercial Breaks? 125 pretty much plays replays from Premiership matches from this past season all day and night, so you can always catch up on that.

What else do you need? ;)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Rumor has it he is replacing Bob Barker.

I did hear the rumor from Colin last week and i'm sure thgat he would be a perfect fit for TPIR.

As for his replacement I have a few name and I want to know what you guy think.

Max Kellerman

Dave Smith

Petro (I just want him gone from LA radio...) :D

Tony Kornheiser

Skip Bayless

Woody Paige

Kellerman does ESPN Radio in New York, and hes horrrrrrrrrrrrible.

All he ever talks about is the Knicks and Yankees.

Really Tank.

I'm surprised but at the same I felt that he need a 2nd chance after FOX basicly screw his show and he was good when he hosted Around the Horn.

BTW Tank

Is ESPN Radio in NY all New york talk like KLAC in Los Angeles or do they care about all of the team like the Rangers, Islanders, Mets, Jets, Giants etc?

Talking about the same New York Teams everyday, like in the winter it was 2 hour Knick talk everyday.

No Devils, No Nets, No Rangers, No Islanders.

We have 9 Professional teams here, and thats not right that he focuses on 2 teams.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well it seems heavily slanted the the Yanks, Jets and Knicks

With shows like Kellerman, Steven A Smith and Michael Kay.

Goddamn it! The libruhls have even ruined TNak's sports radio existence! Is there nothing these bastards will leave untarnished by their dirty libruhl fingers?

Oh, the humanity!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

What is wrong with you,

I just said I don't like hearing 2 hours of Knicks and Yankees talk and you attack me again.

I think the Knicks are the dullest boringest uninteresting team in New York of all 9 teams.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Dan and Keith were gold together. i wont miss Dan tho, the few times i get out of work early and flip to his show its very boring, very dry, until Keith comes on.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived