Dan Patrick Leaving ESPN

floydnimrod

Talking about the same New York Teams everyday, like in the winter it was 2 hour Knick talk everyday.

No Devils, No Nets, No Rangers, No Islanders.

We have 9 Professional teams here, and thats not right that he focuses on 2 teams.

So listen to something else, Genius.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When i got my sirius i was psyced on espn radio... loved dan patrick and KO on the big show... but after i was driving all day nhl trade deadline day and not even a mention of it on espn at all i decided to try hardcore sports on channel 186... havent turned back... espn is too boring... should be interesting to see where patrick goes from here though... think he would follow KOs footsteps?

I think Hardcore Sports got dumped here in the States. I tried it for a few mornings, but all they had were highlights. ESPNNews on 121 is nice at times, but apart from the morning, Sirius programs have everything covered. Of course, 124 is the NFL Network (I still haven't tried it) 127 is the NBA Network (Not terribly interested) and 128 is NASCAR Network (Can they get a guy without a Southern accent?)

(All Times CST)

5-9 Mike and Mike (120) [if only Rivals wasn't so lame...]

9-11 NHL Live (123) [in Season]

11-12 Er... Nothing much at this time :D

12-2 World Soccer Daily

2-5 Mike and Murray

5-6 The Desk

During Commercial Breaks? 125 pretty much plays replays from Premiership matches from this past season all day and night, so you can always catch up on that.

What else do you need? ;)

hardcore is back on the full sirius network... enjoy... drive this, sports rage, fight network radio,and live audio wrestling... and its all uncensored... its really refreshing actually they dont sugar coat anything

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

What is wrong with you,

I just said I don't like hearing 2 hours of Knicks and Yankees talk and you attack me again.

I think the Knicks are the dullest boringest uninteresting team in New York of all 9 teams.

What's wrong with me? You're a douchebag, wacko, right-wing extremist nutjob who lives with his mother and hasn't had :censored: since :censored: had you and yet you ask what's wrong with me?

What's wrong with me? I hate that you're here. I think this place would be better off without you. I don't give a :censored: who has a problem with it. But since I like the CCSLC more than I detest you, I have to deal with your presence. I guess that's what has me all in a tizzy. I can only take so much of your idiotic ramblings.

What's wrong with me? I guess I ran out of patience with you again. Seems to happen once every 4-6 months or so.

Back to the original topic...I changed my mind about wanting Gottlieb to take over Patrick's slot. Gottlieb is just as much of a whiny, know-it-all, gasbag as Patrick (though Gottlieb is actually entertaining). I don't care who gets the spot, but I sincerely hope that Patrick takes Colin Cowpatty with him on August 17.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

And to cement my adoration of Olbernamm he just broke out his old "if you are keeping score at home, or if you're alone" line on his MSNBC nightly hour of liberal left-wing news, notes and and "I Hate Bill-O" rants.

Ugh, could you have butchered the line worse?

What is wrong with you,

I just said I don't like hearing 2 hours of Knicks and Yankees talk and you attack me again.

I think the Knicks are the dullest boringest uninteresting team in New York of all 9 teams.

What's wrong with me? You're a douchebag, wacko, right-wing extremist nutjob who lives with his mother and hasn't had :censored: since :censored: had you and yet you ask what's wrong with me?

What's wrong with me? I hate that you're here. I think this place would be better off without you. I don't give a :censored: who has a problem with it. But since I like the CCSLC more than I detest you, I have to deal with your presence. I guess that's what has me all in a tizzy. I can only take so much of your idiotic ramblings.

What's wrong with me? I guess I ran out of patience with you again. Seems to happen once every 4-6 months or so.

Back to the original topic...I changed my mind about wanting Gottlieb to take over Patrick's slot. Gottlieb is just as much of a whiny, know-it-all, gasbag as Patrick (though Gottlieb is actually entertaining). I don't care who gets the spot, but I sincerely hope that Patrick takes Colin Cowpatty with him on August 17.

Relax tough guy. I couldn't disagree more with his political views but outside that Tank's OK. Give him a break.

BB52Big.jpg

[Relax tough guy. I couldn't disagree more with his political views but outside that Tank's OK. Give him a break.

The thing is, outside his political views, Tank's not OK.

I agree with those who said Patrick flying solo is boring and vanilla. Teamed up with Olbermann or Dibble, the result is genius. But Max Kellerman as a replacement? I can't believe that guy's still getting work on a local level, even if it is in New York. I think I've said this before, but Max Kellerman's shows consist of 1) why boxing is great, 2) why the Yankees are great, 3) why Max Kellerman is great. Anyone attempting to contest these points with Max will have derision and ridicule showered down upon him.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I haven't listened to talk radio in a long time, but the show I miss most of all was the Tony Kornheiser show on ESPN radio. I know it appealed to approximately 17 people across the country, but I was one of those people and I miss it. "Old Guy Radio" was a brilliant segment, something I appreciated at the young age of 21. Too bad it's gone.

I did use to listen to the Olbermann/Patrick hour on my lunch break. Those guys were/are brilliant together. It took Olbermann a very long time post-ESPN to find his niche, and he's been wildly successful since. Beyond being the official spokesman for Kingsford Charcoal, I don't know what's left for Dan to do.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I haven't listened to talk radio in a long time, but the show I miss most of all was the Tony Kornheiser show on ESPN radio. I know it appealed to approximately 17 people across the country, but I was one of those people and I miss it. "Old Guy Radio" was a brilliant segment, something I appreciated at the young age of 21. Too bad it's gone.

I did use to listen to the Olbermann/Patrick hour on my lunch break. Those guys were/are brilliant together. It took Olbermann a very long time post-ESPN to find his niche, and he's been wildly successful since. Beyond being the official spokesman for Kingsford Charcoal, I don't know what's left for Dan to do.

I liked Kornheiser too. And I cannot remember what they replaced him with, but whatever it was, it stunk (was it Colin Cowherd, or possibly Eric Kuselius?)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I liked Kornheiser too. And I cannot remember what they replaced him with, but whatever it was, it stunk (was it Colin Cowherd, or possibly Eric Kuselius?)

I heard the Colin Cowheard show once, (before he was replaced in NY by Kellerman) and I thought he was horrible, he was the most annoying Sports Radio host since Scott Ferrell.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Why listen to that windbag when you can have World Soccer Daily?

Sirius > You.

I guess you're agreeing with me? :P

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Count me among the 17. I downloaded Tony's show on my ipod every day. The sad thing is that once I found the show on i-tunes it only had about a month to go before Tony left Washington Post Radio. He left a week or so ago. I believe Tony was on XM for a while too.

For my money it was the best talk show on radio.

The thing is, outside his political views, Tank's not OK.

Outside of disagreeing with his politics I have never had a problem with Tank. In all fairness even in a heated political debate Tank never resorted to the type of vitriol with me that Gregjigga5 used simply because Tank pissed him off over what was essentially nothing. If you don't like the guy simply ignore him. There's no need to be so :censored:ing mean about it. An attack like the one leveled on Tank was a disproportional response to what started the whole thing in the first place.

Just my humble opinion. I look forward to being eloquently told to :censored: off in typical gregjigga5 fashion. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Just my humble opinion. I look forward to being eloquently told to :censored: off in typical gregjigga5 fashion. :D

TNak can neither spell nor define vitriol. I don't like TNak and I have my reasons. He deserves everything I say and 1000x more. You don't have to like what I say, but I don't owe you any explanation. However, it's nice that TNak always has someone to defind him against The Big Bad Jiggamonster. It really shows a sense of community. Especially since you're a liberal. Bipartisan efforts will be needed to defeat the evil TNak haters! Unite or you shall all perish.

Oh, and :censored: off. You happy?

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'm gonna miss the "Big Show" hour which is the only time I EVER listen to ESPN the Radio. A lot of you guys are right about the show, it was really GOOD with Dibbs back in da day. Dibble was a crazy MoFo on the show talking about tats and insane stuff he'd do, and Dan would chime in about how bat :censored: insane he was. Ah good times. And when Olbermann hopped on board and brought the best SC anchor team back together, it was almost at least one dream realized again.

Since we are talking about other favorite radio shows/net's. Mine is WSSP here in Milwaukee. They have great locals with really good hosts and personalities. They seem to care a lot about ALL the local sports and whatever the hot topic is in the area, but don't beat stuff into the ground. I like the Gary and Cliff show in the "drive time" and after almost every Brew Crew game I listen to the Real Baseball Postgame Show with Tim Allen (Not that one) and Steve "Sparky Phifer. Some of the FSR stuff on the net is good as well, especially The Third shift with Sedano and Karen Kaye.

Bon Voyage DP, the Four Letter lost yet another great one. He can always do more Cousin's commercials in the meantime :)

Kyle

packchampionslfroh.png

Does anyone else here sense that Dan Patrick might go the way of another former ESPN host?

Anybody remember Craig Kilborn? Left ESPN to a bigger and better thing, only to leave it and virtually never be heard of again?

Kilborn did pretty good after ESPN he was the first host on the Daily Show back when it was funny and not full of itself, then he had a decent stint on The Late Late Show and left that to because he wanted to write and produce movies.

Frankly, I think you've been better but I'll take it. :D

I used all my vitriol on TNak. I have none left for you. :P

Frankly, I think you've been better but I'll take it. :D

I used all my vitriol on TNak. I have none left for you. :P

... now, let's rant about STL FANATIC's blatant homerism!

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived