All-Stars Game

Mr.Barragan

Hey guys what up.

I've been thinking that since this year ASG is in San Fransisco this year that they should move the game from 5PM to 6pm cause after seeing the Home Runs Derby end at daytime that it's weird to see the All Stars game end before nightime.

What do you think?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But that would put it at 9ET, which is way too late for people on the East Coast. But yeah, it is kind of strange, but didn't HR derby's used to be done in the afternoon anyway?

By the way, did they ever have a marathon of all the past HR derbys on any channel? I used to watch the marathons when I was a kid, and haven't in a while -- not sure if they still show 'em, even.

IUe6Hvh.png

But that would put it at 9ET, which is way too late for people on the East Coast. But yeah, it is kind of strange, but didn't HR derby's used to be done in the afternoon anyway?

By the way, did they ever have a marathon of all the past HR derbys on any channel? I used to watch the marathons when I was a kid, and haven't in a while -- not sure if they still show 'em, even.

They used do it in the afternoon until 1997.

As for the Marathon 88...

I'm surprised that ESPN CLASSICS is not showing the HR Derby from years past and I hope that the new Baseball Network be like NBA TV. I'd do anything to watch classics MLB Games, playoff, & This week in Baseball.

AS LONG THAT THEY DONT SHOW DAVE HENDERSON HR @ THE 86 ALCS vs MY ANGELS. :D

So whats everyone think

I say NL ends the string tonight and wins 6-2

AL 12-8. Ortiz with the MVP with a Homer and a couple of RBI's

speaking of Homer, did you see the "promo" piece with Homer Simpson. Magglio does look like Sideshow Bob! :D

I also loved how the Giants fans booed that Dodgers. I think I heard one of the Astros say "Oh S#it!" just before they got to the first Dodger.

I saw, I came, I left.

The question now is whether the AL can set this year a new record for most consecutive All-Star Game wins, as this would be their 11th straight (1997-2007).

... ahem remember Milwaukee?

I saw, I came, I left.

The question now is whether the AL can set this year a new record for most consecutive All-Star Game wins, as this would be their 11th straight (1997-2007).

... ahem remember Milwaukee?

That one does not count

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Next year with the game being at Yankee Stadium Joe Buck better not be doing the player introductions. If FOX forces him to do it over legendary PA announcer Bob Shepard, who has been the voice of Yankee Stadium since 1951, I'll scream.

It's the second inning already, and they haven't put Hudson or Sanchez out there yet (they should have put him in as a defensive sub for Ichiro's at bat). Tony, what the heck are you thinking? I mean, for Ichiro you want a really good defensive second baseman, and either Hudson or Sanchez fits the bill there.

LvZYtbZ.png

Add to it the absolutely boneheaded move of trusting a 24-year old to pitch this game. Note that he gave up a pair of hits and had to be absolutely bailed out by Griffey to avoid giving up a run. Tony, you have better options on your pitching staff than that, like Roy Oswalt or Brandon Webb.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived