Fantasy Football Concept Logo/Wordmark

camcool21

You don't have to use a ship. I've seen other Destroyer logos that incorporate vicious animals. The Columbus Destroyers (AFL) logo is just a C and a D that make a football.

I'm, just saying that a bullet/bomb is not immediately connected with the name "Destroyers"

What sport is this for anyway?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Columbus Destroyers (AFL) logo is just a C and a D that make a football.

Not to mention that, before that team was the Columbus Destroyers, they were... wait for it... the Buffalo Destroyers!

And I have the same question for you as I do for the AFL team: Is the name to be taken as the Destroyers from Buffalo, or the Destroyers of Buffalo? :unsure: A big difference, if you stop to ponder it.

CCSLC signature.png

The Columbus Destroyers (AFL) logo is just a C and a D that make a football.

Not to mention that, before that team was the Columbus Destroyers, they were... wait for it... the Buffalo Destroyers!

And I have the same question for you as I do for the AFL team: Is the name to be taken as the Destroyers from Buffalo, or the Destroyers of Buffalo? :unsure: A big difference, if you stop to ponder it.

Actually I was just being stupid and have now realized why it was the Buffalo Destroyers for the AFL team...

In Buffalo, on the waterfront of lake Erie is a naval museum where 2 destroyer ships are stored...I should have remembered that since I've been to that museum before :blink:

Anyway...any critiques on the logo that I produced? :hockeysmiley:

oh, and this is for a fantasy football team...I think that logo or some form of it, will look good on a helmet?

bills.png

I don't like this concept. I have no problem with the use of a shell (bullet, bomb, mortar, or otherwise) as a logo, but it just doesn't look right. First if it's a bullet or a mortar (something that is shot upward) why is the "motion tail" (I assume that's what it is) longer on the bottom than on the top. That asymmetry is really bothering me. If it's supposed to be a bomb, then the tip of the shell needs to be pointed downward to give teh sense that it is falling. As noted before, that dark crimson part is confusing. What is it? The highlighting on the tip looks good, but it may be a bit too much. Adjust the shape to make it look a little more natural.

I don't want to sound mean, but in my opinion this logo needs major work. Keep at it for the revision.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I take it from your update that it's supposed to be a bomb. You're right, it does look like a pencil. Your original shape was fine. Bombs are round and fat, so this is a step backwards in my opinion.

I tweet & tumble.

One step back, two steps forward. Your latest iteration is much better. One question though. What's the orange thing? First, it's two dimensional wheras the bomb itself has a 3D flavor. Second, what is it? Perhaps you could explain it's presense.

I tweet & tumble.

Is that supposed to be a question? If it is, I think you need to rethink your logic of why it's there. I assumed it was fire, but asked the question to make a point. I could be wrong, but bomb usually don't use propulsion systems (as opposed to rockets). I think you should nix the "fire" and see where it goes from there.

I tweet & tumble.

Archived