o...NO CANADA again!

NoHoJoe

Well, FOX SPORTS will televise the first of seven consecutive All Star Games that will last until 2013. If wondew if FOX SPORTS will televise the Canadian national Anthem during the pre-game ceremonies?

IF not, you can log on to Geddy Sings at the 1993 all Star Game :flagcanada: and call FOX Sports tomorrow at 310.369.7761 and tel them NOT to practice Porfits over patriotism...even for Canadains living in the USA!!!!!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, FOX SPORTS will televise the first of seven consecutive All Star Games that will last until 2013. If wondew if FOX SPORTS will televise the Canadian national Anthem during the pre-game ceremonies?

IF not, you can log on to Geddy Sings at the 1993 all Star Game :flagcanada: and call FOX Sports tomorrow at 310.369.7761 and tel them NOT to practice Porfits over patriotism...even for Canadains living in the USA!!!!!

I for one am glad that FOX Sports prefers porfits over profits. It's such a nice feeling to see folks put something above money these days, even if it's at the expense of Canadains...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The Canadian anthem should be sung no matter what. Canadians are involved in the game of baseball and we are the closest nation to the Americans.

There are Mexicans involved in the game of baseball, and are as close to the US as Canada.

The Canadian anthem should be sung no matter what. Canadians are involved in the game of baseball and we are the closest nation to the Americans.

There are Mexicans involved in the game of baseball, and are as close to the US as Canada.

however there is no team located in mexico.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Actually, up here in Canada, the feed on Rogers Sportsnet did show the playing of the Canadian national anthem by members of the San Francisco Symphony ? very classy, certainly better than Bryan Adams' rendition at the 96 NHL ASG in Vancouver. You all just aren't watching the right channel. ^_^

Why should the Canadian Anthem be sung at the ASG of America's Pastime? Canadians don't care about baseball...
So long as the Toronto Blue Jays are a member of Major League Baseball, it ought be sung. Should we later get an MLB team in Monterrey, Mexico, then the Mexican national anthem should be done as well.

LvZYtbZ.png

What really should happen is the stopping of singing of anthems before every god damned game. Jesus, what a waste of time.

you know, Bill Plaschke had a good point on Around The Horn last week. Yeah, I know, I was shocked too.

his point is this: sports is the only arena where one regularly hears the national anthem in America. While I'm not an uber-patriot, taking a glance up at the flag and remembering the star-spangled banner, all as one small little prayer to be thankful that I'm in the United States, that I have my way of life, freedoms, and that there are people protecting me and those rights, both here and abroad (whether in military uniform, police wear, fireman's gear, weary journalists pouring through stacks of research, lawyers bringing just cases to trial, teachers doing the best work possible, doctors keeping us healthy)...yeah, I think I can take the minute and a half to remember that before a sporting event.

and I don't even mind "O Canada" either.

harperdc.gif

What really should happen is the stopping of singing of anthems before every god damned game. Jesus, what a waste of time.

you know, Bill Plaschke had a good point on Around The Horn last week. Yeah, I know, I was shocked too.

his point is this: sports is the only arena where one regularly hears the national anthem in America. While I'm not an uber-patriot, taking a glance up at the flag and remembering the star-spangled banner, all as one small little prayer to be thankful that I'm in the United States, that I have my way of life, freedoms, and that there are people protecting me and those rights, both here and abroad (whether in military uniform, police wear, fireman's gear, weary journalists pouring through stacks of research, lawyers bringing just cases to trial, teachers doing the best work possible, doctors keeping us healthy)...yeah, I think I can take the minute and a half to remember that before a sporting event.

and I don't even mind "O Canada" either.

I get it. But it's still pointless. It becomes rote after awhile. Would you stand and say the pledge of allegiance before a game? Why not? Saying the words of the anthem to music no more guarantees anything that was mentioned than not saying them. Do you really need a song to be a reminder of those things? If one does need a song to be a reminder of those things, perhaps he should sing the anthem when he wakes up as opposed to waiting until he has a ticket to a sporting event. Because if it really means something, you should be hearing it every day.

I guess what it all boils down to, at least for me, is that people do things because they don't like to upset the status quo. Anthems have always been sung therefore they will continue to be sung. And really, that's silly.

I've been to a ton of hockey games up north in Canada and they always play the star spangled banner..it's the least we could do down here in the USA

In all honesty, they only play the Star-Spangled Banner in Canada if the visiting team is American. If it's between two Canadian teams, it's only O Canada.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I love to go to Blue Jays-Twins games at the Metrodome just so I can sing "O Canada". It's a fantastic national anthem.

I'm very involved in the Lions club, and we sing it at our mutliple district conventions (our multiple district is made up of North Dakota, South Dakota and Saskatchewan). I think we Americans sing "O Canada" just as loud and proud as Canadians at those conventions.

I've been to a ton of hockey games up north in Canada and they always play the star spangled banner..it's the least we could do down here in the USA

In all honesty, they only play the Star-Spangled Banner in Canada if the visiting team is American. If it's between two Canadian teams, it's only O Canada.

This is true... and as someone who went to almost all of them, I can assure you that they only played O Canada before Expos/Blue Jays games (not sure what they did in Puerto Rico)

The rule of thumb is, sing the anthems of the teams playing (I believe the Sabres do both anthems regardless of who's playing)

My preference, sing the host team anthem if you must sing one at all, and be done with it -- no need to have a couple idiot fans booing the other anthem and making everyone look bad.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I believe the Sabres do both anthems regardless of who's playing

Yes, they have 15% of their STH from Canada so they always play both. And it doesn't hurt that you can see Canada from the Arena. I think the Red Wings do this also, but I may be wrong.

saBS.png

Archived