Michigan Signs With Adidas

Michigan Dave

I'm soooo excited about the move. Should get something nice and un-templated now. Yesterday after the EXCELLENT Capital One Bowl, I was very excited to hang up my Nike white jersey for the last time. (My Nike blue jersey stays in rotation because, one, Adidas won't change the blues, and, two, its got the Michigan/Ohio State 100th Game patch on it. We won that one, remember? It was so long ago. Oh well. Rich Rod will win us one now. Maybe not this year, but hopefully next year.)

Umm... as opposed to the Oregon-esk crap they have been using? Or maybe because the basketball team has the crazy shoulder stripes or the form-fitting tank tops... oh wait, they don't have that either.... and doesn't the hockey team use the Nike Swift gear... crap....

Nike did a fabulous job with Michigan. I for one hate this move, being a huge Michigan & Nike fan (Nike soccer gear). Not a single major sports teams ever looked silly in Nike's gear (though on the field they sure have been overmatched a few times, especially on the basketball court...)

Here's to you Nike.... job well done... and Adidas, don't screw this up!

I agree, Nike did Michigan well and really identified themselves with the Michigan Brand over the past decade or so.

However, I will reserve judgement until I see what Adidas does. Hopefully very little- even to those football whites.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, I know we didn't have it as bad as most schools. Really, my complaint is that Nike does it to other schools at all, and, they've just lost one more shot to do it a few years down the road. Obviously, our home blues will remain the same as they always have, maybe put the holographic blue M back on the shoulders (that was always cool because you could only tell it was there if you owned one or were really close to the players). And, even though they didn't template us as bad as they did other schools, adidas won't template us at all. So, I'm excited.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I've been happy with BG's adidas uniforms.

I think these

1554605.jpeg

Bowling Green adidas road tops are well... tops!

Those are brand new this year but the jerseys they had the laast three years were horrible. They had the brown insets that made them look like a cheap high school knockoff of the Bronco cut jerseys. Arkansas, Western Michigan and a few others had these as well. Absolutely ugly

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived