Custom designs in NHL07?

shrapnell

I don't own NHL07 but I have been thinking about getting into it since it was NHL97, 98 etc. What has held me back is a straight answer to my question.

I tried asking it before and I got directed to some forum for EA games that, if you're not familiar with the EA platform, just seems like Eskimo heiroglyphics!

I've noticed many of you posting custom designs like they were done on an NHL07 platform. Like this one posted here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=51000

Could an idiot like me who does most of his stuff on MS paint, be able to do it? What about importing graphics? Could you run a fantasy league with all created uniforms instead of what is supplied? The arcade action and playability means nothing to me, but the thought of running an entire fantasy league with a mixture of custom and provided designs and teams, seems quite appealing, if it's user friendly.

Any insight, comments, suggestions would be most appreciated

Yeah I've been to that sight. Thanx for the reply (1 reply!!!).

It seems incredibly complicated.

I think there's big $$$ to be made if someone can come up with a program that compliments NHL07 on PC for modifying jerseys etc. and running fantasy leagues in a way that doesn't require pages of complicated instructions. It seems as though you make one little screw up in the process and everything is kaput.

Does anybody out there do this regularily? What's your experience with modifying NHL 07, incorporating and designing different uniforms for fantasy teams?

i know 02 was pretty easy to edit. I don't know about any of the others post 02. I always used the wav importer(what ever that thing was called), Blommans Roster Editor, and PSP7 for my graphics.

I wish there was a way i could import graphics and updated rosters in to my ps2.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

i know 02 was pretty easy to edit. I don't know about any of the others post 02. I always used the wav importer(what ever that thing was called), Blommans Roster Editor, and PSP7 for my graphics.

I wish there was a way i could import graphics and updated rosters in to my ps2.

2002 was the absolute ****, in a good way. By far the easiest EA NHL series game to edit. I dabled into 2003, but there was too much crap to do in 2003 and it only got more complicated as time went on. People still do it, but it's not as fun as it was in 2002 simply because you had more people who COULD do it because it was simpler and less time consuming.

2002 can be picked up for a song in bargain bins! Would it be worth picking up, updating some rosters, just for the sake of running a decent fantasy league. As I said I could care less about the play action. The feedback so far is most appreciated!

• 1 month later...

If it's an EA game, you might want to check out Maddenteams.com and footballfreaks.com; the guy at maddenteams has literally hundreds of designs that can be opened with paint and tweaked, if you are patient. Not that it needs tweaking, it is great art in itself (be sure to read the disclaimers). I'd say most of the stuff on those sites is good to go for NHL with a little resizing, but I haven't owned an NHL game in like 5 years...

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

I don't own NHL07 but I have been thinking about getting into it since it was NHL97, 98 etc. What has held me back is a straight answer to my question.

I tried asking it before and I got directed to some forum for EA games that, if you're not familiar with the EA platform, just seems like Eskimo heiroglyphics!

I've noticed many of you posting custom designs like they were done on an NHL07 platform. Like this one posted here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=51000

Could an idiot like me who does most of his stuff on MS paint, be able to do it? What about importing graphics? Could you run a fantasy league with all created uniforms instead of what is supplied? The arcade action and playability means nothing to me, but the thought of running an entire fantasy league with a mixture of custom and provided designs and teams, seems quite appealing, if it's user friendly.

Any insight, comments, suggestions would be most appreciated

hey shrapnell,we are on the exact same page.....i have been trying to find out the same info for the very same reason(fantasy leagues)....i have been to all the different forums(ea boards,sportsgamers,etc)...i came to the same conclusion,too complicated!!!.....just a note on EA 02,someone told me you could only do 2 custom jerseys per season...can anyone else verify if thats correct because i would consider grabbing a copy if you could do more teams...

I did the teams for the SHL using NHL 2003. I was able to modify the uniforms, helmets & goalie masks as well as create home ice for each of the teams. I was able to download a lot of good stuff to help me from Cyber NHL before it went on hiatus.

You would have to overwrite the existing teams though.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Archived