New Saints pants?

sweeper13

I was watching the Microsoft e3 press conference and they played Madden on stage and it appeared that the Saints pants had a gold stripe going down the side. I'll look for a better pic but this is all I got so far if you look close you can kinda tell.

dsc_0728.jpg

anyone have any info?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be that EA's mistakenly using old/unused uniforms as current again. See also: Rams' white and blue "triangle stripe" pants, and Jags teal pants.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Could be that EA's mistakenly using old/unused uniforms as current again. See also: Rams' white and blue "triangle stripe" pants, and Jags teal pants.

O yea I know EA does not have the best track record for these things since the Jags pants are not right in the 360 version but they were right in last years on 360 so no way they would change them to screw them up. (I would hope)

I actually think that EA might have it right. The Saints wore the black pants all the time at the end of last year, so they may have just added a gold stripe to them instead of the rumored entire uniform change.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It wouldn't be the first time that the team has used black pants with a thick gold stripe down the side. The pants were introduced during the Mike Ditka-Ricky Williams years.

ricky.jpg

As much as i hated those....they'd be much better than the solid black pants they wore at the end of the year. Being a die-hard Saints fan from birth, I still prefer the gold pants with the black stipe. Also, on local talk radio, the Saints' GM stated several months back that there would be NO SIGNIFIGANT CHANGES to the teams' uniform....but I don't think adding a stripe was included in that. Not too many people would deem that to be a "signifigant" change.

gYH2mW9.png

The stripe in the late-90s was TOO thick.

They should go back to this style on the black pants

AABF025~Archie-Manning-Photofile-Posters.jpg

Agreed, but for the love of God could they make the shades of gold match? Look at the pants stripe vs. the sock stripe.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The stripe in the late-90s was TOO thick.

They should go back to this style on the black pants

AABF025~Archie-Manning-Photofile-Posters.jpg

Agreed, but for the love of God could they make the shades of gold match? Look at the pants stripe vs. the sock stripe.

I agree with you on that. Asking the Saints to match golds is like asking the Cowboys to match silvers.

I saw a Madden preview video and the Jags had black pants with a teal stripe. It was very quick, but I think it was reminicent to their old black set of pants. To this day, I can't stand how bad EA messes up the unis...especially when you have obvious defaults like the Rams in blue/white and for next gen, they better not make us pay for them to get one classic uni...you could get an Oiler uni but not the light blue Titan uni...rediculous. This is EA's last chance with me.

Edit: The quality of the vid sucks, but http://www.gamespot.com/video/938344/61732...icial-trailer-2 has the Jag pants I mentioned. Matt Jones catches a pass in Tampa about 50 seconds into it. Some other notes from the vid: Vikes in monochrome purple and the Skins in burgundy pants/burgundy socks ala Portis...

KISSwall09.jpg

I saw a Madden preview video and the Jags had black pants with a teal stripe. It was very quick, but I think it was reminicent to their old black set of pants. To this day, I can't stand how bad EA messes up the unis...especially when you have obvious defaults like the Rams in blue/white and for next gen, they better not make us pay for them to get one classic uni...you could get an Oiler uni but not the light blue Titan uni...rediculous. This is EA's last chance with me.

Problem is we don't have any options other than EA...and EA knows this! Those bozos have never put any attention to detail when it comes to uniforms, but they'll be make darn sure we get the latest post-touchdown dance done by Ocho Stinko. They don't care because they have no competition.

EA is usually about 2-5 years behind the curve on uniform changes...the ESPN game was way ahead of EA in allowing you to choose so many different unis, and of course Front Page Sports Football Pro allowed you to design your own from scratch back in 1996, only about 10 years before EA decided to get on the ball.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

And as always, on all gaming platforms, all nameplates for all teams will be in Arial. Just like they are in the real world.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I can't believe they keep making that error seeing that those pants didn't even exist when the next gen version of 06 came out for 360.

And as always, on all gaming platforms, all nameplates for all teams will be in Arial. Just like they are in the real world.

They fixed that on the 360 and PS3; now they have the real fonts (mostly).

I will say that one of the reasons I loved the 2K series on Xbox was that the uniforms had the right fonts for the player names and Madden didn't (and still doesn't, even on Wii). I never understood why, if 2K could do it, Madden couldn't.

Also, I played the demo for NCAA 2008 on 360 last night. I haven't liked how the 360 versions of EA Sports football have played, but the new NCAA plays amazingly well. Try it if you get a chance.

I don't know which is worse, the "a team must have a new uniform because my video game has it" threads or the "video game didn't get the uniform right" threads.

Agreed. EVERY year when a new Madden comes out, because some peep sees a different "current" uni in EA game, they automatically ASS-U-ME that it's also in the NFL game. NOT TRUE IN SOME CASES (to wit - the Packers "gold" jersey from a couple of years ago).

sig1.gif

Another advantage that Front Page Sports had was that you could choose Light or Dark jerseys to wear at home, and could choose it for every team in the league, and this was on the 1996 version! It used to pi$$ me off when I played against the Cowboys on Madden, and it would FORCE me to wear my white jersey at home against them!!

Another Madden gaffe...1993 Madden: Bills had blue pants...real team stopped wearing them after 1985!

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Archived