New Saints pants?

sweeper13

The stripe in the late-90s was TOO thick.

They should go back to this style on the black pants

AABF025~Archie-Manning-Photofile-Posters.jpg

Agreed, but for the love of God could they make the shades of gold match? Look at the pants stripe vs. the sock stripe.

I agree with you on that. Asking the Saints to match golds is like asking the Cowboys to match silvers.

Think about it, guys. If the Saints matched their golds, the Cowboys might match their silvers; then, the number of posts on this board, especially during football season, would decrease by approximately 32.9%. We just can't have that.

Let things be.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After hearing that I'd say that EA just screwed up the Saints uniforms. They probably just mixed up which pants were supposed to have the stripe and which weren't. Just another uniform mistake by EA.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Monday, July 16th, 2007 - 19:55:33)

After hearing that I'd say that EA just screwed up the Saints uniforms. They probably just mixed up which pants were supposed to have the stripe and which weren't. Just another uniform mistake by EA.

good point

EA Developer: I forgot is the black pants the one with the stripe and the gold one not?

EA Developer: I forgot is the black pants the one with the stripe and the gold one not?

Other EA Developer: Who cares! The more important question is this: how can we find a way to change the font of all the stripes in the game to Arial?

Other EA Developer: Who cares! The more important question is this: how can we find a way to change the font of all the stripes in the game to Arial?

3rd EA Developer: And make sure we get the latest end zone dance by Ocho Stinko. What kind of loser cares about uniforms, anyway? Say...when did the Bengals get those cool stripes on their helmet? And when did Bucco Bruce walk the plank??

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

EA can only work with what they are given. If you look at the NFL pic in my signature, you'll see the Saints gold pants do not have a stripe either. I think both EA and the NFL could do a better job at accuracy in the game. Based on this, by no means would I consider EA graphics reliable.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

EA can only work with what they are given. If you look at the NFL pic in my signature, you'll see the Saints gold pants do not have a stripe either. I think both EA and the NFL could do a better job at accuracy in the game. Based on this, by no means would I consider EA graphics reliable.

The Saints gold pants do have a black stripe. Here is Reggie Bush, obviosly from last year, with a stripe on the pants.

t1_bush.jpg

And Marques Colston, also from last year.

Colston.jpg

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Yes, I know the Saints have a stripe on the pants. The point is the illustrations for the pic in my sig is artwork provided by the NFL. Who is EA to stray from official NFL artwork? That's the point.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

quantumfreaks right, but still the sig doesn't really display all aground correct uniforms...yes they may be official but you have a few combinations that are rarely if ever seen. like the rams white pants (with a stripe and not the short stripe they have worn)...either way i am curious to this whole thing....is it gold pants with no stripe and black pants with one, or is it black with a stripe and gold with none, or is it both with stripe, or is there no change...i wonder how long we will be waiting to find out

Miami.png

FWIW, I watched the "NFL Rookie Premiere" on NFL Network and new Saints Robert Meachem and Antonio Pittman were both in the black jersey and gold pants with black stripe. I found that interesting since they went to the black monochromes during the season last year.

There were no changes to the uni from last year that I could see.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

You would think with the sole official license to the NFL they would receive official artwork or styleguides for the teams. I know sometimes even these official pieces dont show exactly what is put on the field. Maybe someone should apply to EA to be the official uni-guru. All they need is one person to look at pictures of the uniforms teams wear each weak, it doesnt seem like it would be that hard to implement.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Archived